“Jan's Fam and Tim & Emily Hanging Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Corrals

Los Corrals
Ranked #891 of 1,411 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Independence, Missouri, United States
“Jan's Fam and Tim & Emily Hanging Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our first trip to this restaurant. Very friendly Mexican restaurant. Chips and salsa are very nice! Thick, warm corn chips are served with salsa that has body! Tacos are form fitted and burritos are served with real cheese. The service if friendly and fast. We will be back, soon...

• Visited January 2014

“Love taco Tuesdays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Love love love crunchy dollar tacos and two dollar margaritas! I try to go at least once a month. The other menu items are delish as well! Yum!

Sharon, NH
“A must-visit when we go to Kansas City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Don't expect fancy, but Los Corrals is definitely the place to go for traditional Mexican food in downtown Kansas City. We moved to New England in the 1970s, but this is one of the places we always visit when we have a chance to get back to Kansas City.

They opened in the 1940s (1949, I think) and, on a recent visit, we found out that our waitress had been there for 48 years! You gotta love a place that has that kind of history.

We have tried many of the menu choices and all have been good. On our last visit, my wife had the burrito spread (one of their specialties) and I had the mixed meat fajitas. Substantial portions, but without being overwhelming. And very, very well prepared.

Every visit we are reminded about how much we like the chips--thin, crispy and hot. And the margaritas are excellent--tangy and fruity, but without being sweet and syrupy like so many other restaurants.

Not sure when we will have a chance to get back to Kansas City, but Los Corrals will definitely be one of our stops when we get there.

• Visited September 2013
Kansas City
“Hot fried chips and warm salsa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is my favorite mexican in Kansas City. I'm a mexican food snob and hated this the first time I ate here. BUT I tried it again and I sure am glad I did. Love the hot fried tortilla chips and warm salsa. Don't get the guacamole...not very good, but everything else I've tried is delicious. Definitely not a 5 star but a good hole in the wall that's been around for 50 years.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Always a good place to go for great Mexican food. The food is always fresh & hot. It gets to your table quickly. The wait staff is always friendly & right there with drink refills or whatever else you need. The only thing that isn't so great is the parking. If you go on a busy night be prepared to either walk 2 or 3 blocks or circle the block 20 times until you find a spot but well worth the trouble.

• Visited April 2013