“A must-visit when we go to Kansas City”
Review of Los Corrals

Los Corrals
Ranked #617 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Don't expect fancy, but Los Corrals is definitely the place to go for traditional Mexican food in downtown Kansas City. We moved to New England in the 1970s, but this is one of the places we always visit when we have a chance to get back to Kansas City.

They opened in the 1940s (1949, I think) and, on a recent visit, we found out that our waitress had been there for 48 years! You gotta love a place that has that kind of history.

We have tried many of the menu choices and all have been good. On our last visit, my wife had the burrito spread (one of their specialties) and I had the mixed meat fajitas. Substantial portions, but without being overwhelming. And very, very well prepared.

Every visit we are reminded about how much we like the chips--thin, crispy and hot. And the margaritas are excellent--tangy and fruity, but without being sweet and syrupy like so many other restaurants.

Not sure when we will have a chance to get back to Kansas City, but Los Corrals will definitely be one of our stops when we get there.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This place is my favorite mexican in Kansas City. I'm a mexican food snob and hated this the first time I ate here. BUT I tried it again and I sure am glad I did. Love the hot fried tortilla chips and warm salsa. Don't get the guacamole...not very good, but everything else I've tried is delicious. Definitely not a 5 star but a good hole in the wall that's been around for 50 years.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Always a good place to go for great Mexican food. The food is always fresh & hot. It gets to your table quickly. The wait staff is always friendly & right there with drink refills or whatever else you need. The only thing that isn't so great is the parking. If you go on a busy night be prepared to either walk 2 or 3 blocks or circle the block 20 times until you find a spot but well worth the trouble.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

A friend told us about this awesome mexican restaurant, so we tried it out. The chips and salsa are great. Then they are known for the burrito spread - OMG!!!! - awesome. That isn't the only great thing they have, we have tried just about everything on the menu and we were very satisfied. Definitely new found favorite place to go.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ate here one day while working. There is not much on the menu but what we ordered was good. This chips are homemade and are very good. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly and helpful. It is a great little Mexican joint.