“Always the best...”

Murray's Ice Creams & Cookies
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 28, 2011

...ice cream in town, no matter where I have been. Exciting new flavors all the time.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Good prices... Big portions. Skipped lunch just to have ice cream. :-)

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've been a Murray's fan since 1988. Year after year this little place in Westport has been my standard by which I judge all other ice cream shops nationwide, and I have yet to see it be beaten. From home made waffle cones hand dipped in chocolate to One Drunk Monk with real Bailey's Irish Cream in it, the attention to detail and quality is second to none. But there's one flavor, Chocolate Flake Fromage...that is pure heaven in a cone. When I go back to Kansas City, Murray's is a must stop. I've even booked flights with enough layover time to catch a cab to drive down there just for it. Yes, it really is THAT GOOD! (Parking can be tight but if you park on the West side and walk up the steps behind Californos you can get right to it without fuss!)

Reviewed July 30, 2011

My family stayed in a hotel down the street from this shop a year again when we visited KC last summer. We stopped back to it again on our way threw KC on our summer vaction. The ice cream is still good has it was a year ago. It is the best homemade ice cream we have ever had twice. It is still a pricey ice cream but i think it is weither it. The staff is great and asking for a sample is no deal. Flavors change daily and new title come in daily. If I had this ice creanm shop in my home town I would eat there twice a week or more. Hope that you enjoy the ice cream

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I drive 30 minutes when I want ice cream because it is just that good. My favorite flavor is chocolate flake fromage -- chocolate flakes in a creamcheese-based ice cream.

Murray's weighs each scoop of ice cream to ensure it is the proper weight.

This place is full of character, and the staff is VERY friendly, always willing to give out samples and make recommendations.