“Love the location”

Classic Cup
Ranked #83 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th Street & Wornall
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having been raised in KC, this dining location has been several restaurants through the years. But it has always kept its charm by being the first sidewalk dining bistro before anyone else thought of doing that. You fell like you are in a French bistro from the ambience. We came for breakfast and had their infamous griddle cakes. Service was quick although I will say some of the staff were not very friendly and could do with smiling more and not acting like they are in a big hurry. Good place to have a drink and sit on the sidewalk. Great view of the Plaza and great place to people watch.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

HUGE pancakes, great service, lovely location and great vibe. A must for any KCMO stay. A Kansas City institution.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant has a small space during the winter months, but expands outdoors for summer seating. The tables for 2 are placed too close for intimate conversation. We have visited this restaurant many times over the years and found it to be dependable. Except this time. I ordered crab stuffed salmon, as I have done in the past, and was very disappointed in the quality of crab they used. It looked and tasted like it was canned crab I use at home for a dip. The vegables that accompanied the dish were sparse and bland. This is not the quality I had come to expect from this little restaurant. Perhaps it was an off day and they didn't have the ingredients needed for the dish. If so, I would have told my customer a substitution would be used and then let the customer decide to accept or choose another dish. I love this little restaurant, and I don't want to see it's quality degrade. Please accept this as a constructive statement.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ended a holiday shopping trip with a late lunch at Classic Cup...asked for a table by the window to watch the hustle and bustle of the Plaza...we ordered 2 glasses of prosecco, the warm baked Brie and two bowls of daily seasonal soup special...very good and a lovely way to end our trip!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food was good. However, the service seemed lacking. There was a long wait to get our drink order. The drinks came ungarnished, not a big deal, but unusual that you have to ask for a cherry. The waitress could not even answer a really simple question about the daily special appetizer. After the appetizer plates were cleared along with the used flatware, we had to ask for flatware for our entree. It was just odd service. The waitress kept reaching across us to pour water, deliver the "asked for" flatware, etc. The service certainly did not match the quality of the food.