“Fun!”

Manny's Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #76 of 1,438 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It is our desire to offer you authentic mexican food and service at the most reasonable price. All of our recipes originate through the knowledge and experience of "Las Familias Lopez y Garcia. La Familia Lopez
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went to Manny's for the first time last night with a large party. The waiting area near the bar was a little small for all of the patrons, so it felt like we were in the way. The bartender was friendly and the margaritas were pretty good. The jalapeno dip was spicy and full of flavor, and the salsa is delicious! I had the burrito frito, which was considerably smaller than the other burritos on the menu but still very good. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely return! I don't think it would be a very good date spot however, the building design makes for a noisy dining experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was at a conference this weekend and this place was recommended by a local. We had a party of 8 that was seated on a busy Friday night in 5 minutes. Do not let the small front of house think your wait will be long as we discovered they have huge dining area. Our chips and salsa never had a chance to get empty as they servers were always quick to refill. Salsa was great. Our meal arrived in a nice amount of time also and all in our party were happy with their choices. I personally had the taco, tostada, and enchilada with rice. The rise was soft and tasty and the other three items were great. The shells were homemade and fried and the enchilada sauce was tasty as well. This was the BEST mexican food I have ever eaten and will return next time in town.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Tried this KC downtown staple for lunch a few weeks ago and split the fajitas with a friend. Felt that the chicken was sub-par (a bit rubbery) and the peppers and onions pretty bland. Thought that there was nothing too special about this restaurant.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having been here several times over the years, our family has always had good service. The food is fine, nothing to write home about but better than some-worse than others... This trip though I wasn't impressed by our service or food. While neither was "bad", sure wasn't what we have enjoyed in the past. Chips-cold very hard, straight out of a bag. Salsa not made in house. If it is, someone should just open a can. A diner wouldn't notice any difference. I am sure we shall return again someday, yet I can't help but think we will drive further down SW Boulvard & try somewhere else.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is one of the many Mexican restaurants we go to when we can, which is whenever we are in downtown Kansas City for an event. My son really likes it and the atmosphere is great. Haven't had a bad meal there yet!