“Make your kids happy and go!!”

Fritz's Railroad Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 1,471 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Fritz's is not a gourmet restaurant, but the food is decent and the looks on your kids' faces when the food is delivered by train is worth every penny. This is the kind of place that they will remember when they grow up! No free refills on drinks, but we ordered extra cups of water so the kids could drink that while waiting for the food instead of drinking their fruit punch instantly and begging for more. Two highlights were the onion rings and my daughter's grilled cheese sandwich. This was an excellent grilled cheese!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

When I decided to take my family to Crown Center today, I wanted my kids to experience something that I remembered being really cool as a kid, so I took them to Fritz's. While the food is typical diner fare and the quality is just ok, the draw here is how dinner is served. The nostalgic train delivering the trays of food is a delight which my kids loved and which I still find really cool. Despite ordering from our table over a phone, the servers who moved about the room were very helpful and friendly. Overall, we enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a good place to take the kids for some different fun while eating. They have a train that delivers your food to you.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I loved the quality of the food and the service of the restaurant. The people who worked there were awesome!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I loved the experience and wised we had the grandkids with us to enjoy having our food delivered to our table via toy train. If you take your kids to Crown Center, take the time to stop and have a bite and enjoy the uniqueness of the train experience.

1  Thank Richard1657