“Nice Felafel”

Jerusalem Cafe
Ranked #170 of 1,460 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A nice treat on the Westport and Felafel tastes great and so does the Baklawa. The hummus and pita bread with rice and salad are delicious.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my husband a few weeks ago. It was a little more expensive than I expected, but it was worth it! Great selection and a number of affordable choices. They have definitely earned their many local awards!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went with 4 kids in tow. They found an out of the way booth for us. We ordered the very impressive flaming cheese platter. It was delicious! We also ordered the Jerusalem platter. The flavor and selection was perfect! (I though the hummus had too much lemon juice for my liking...but everything else was great). The baklavah was the best I've had!
Beware of the bathrooms, though! They are down a steep set of stairs. They are tiny, the ceiling is really low and there is a bunch of graffiti.

1  Thank nobossame
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've been to Jerusalem Cafe countless times since the early 90s. Both the hummus and falafel are some of the best I've ever had anywhere in the world. The yellow rice with a touch of tomato sauce and an orange slice is a signature move I love about them. The prices have gone up since the 90s and they've expanded their business, but the food at Jerusalem is some of KC's best and can hold its own against with any Middle Eastern food you can find. I love the crushed yellow lentil soup with black pepper and lemon squeezed into it. There isn't a single place in New York I can think of that has soup that good. Highly recommended. Get either the veg or meat sampler depending on your taste and try several things.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Visited on 8/10/12 just for hookah. Had a great time! Guava and pineapple was a pretty good combination. I order a Turkish coffee for the first time. That was different but I enjoyed it.

1  Thank Roberto Q