“Great Lunch Option”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,471 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had lunch here with a number of work colleagues and was very happy with the food and service. The menu was varied and reasonably priced, the server was knowledgable and attentive, and the atmosphere was 'fine-dining casual'. Recommend parking in the lot behind the restaurant (if you can find a space) to cut down on the number of steps you have to climb!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We hadn't been to McCormick & Schmick's for quite a while. The food had always been very good, although sometimes it could be just average. So we decided to hit it again for Restaurant Week and one of the best deals available.

Cut to the chase: The food was very, very good. I started with the crab and corn chowder and it was very good. We ordered the steak and lobster for the entree as there simply isn't a better value at any restaurant during Restaurant Week. The steaks was done almost perfectly, although I was surprised to see it already sliced when it arrived. The lobster looked a bit undercooked (not white but more translucent) but tasted fine.

The dessert deserves a paragraph of its own. This is due, in part, to the fact that it is not served in all of the other locations. Indeed, we were told in Charlotte that Kansas City was the ONLY location for this incredible dessert: The Chocolate Bag. Oh, it wasn't on the Restaurant Week menu but we already knew what an amazing dessert it was and were willing to pay the premium price to enjoy it once again. What is it? Basically just what it says: A "bag" made out of darker (but not bitter) chocolate and filled with a white chocolate mousse and fresh berries of several varieties. The sides of the bag are thin and easy to break, while the bottom is so thick that it requires a steak knife tapped just right so as to break it and not the plate underneath. The work is well worth it!

McCormick & Schmick's has some of the better seafood in town, while the rest of the menu is very good but could be even better. However if you save room for dessert you will be rewarded with one of the most unique and delicious finishes in the restaurant world. That dessert is easily worth a trip by itself!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I find myself here once a year on the eve of an annual business meeting. Bennett and Stephone behind the bar were on their toes all night and offered great suggestions for drink and eats. The mahi mahi was exceptional in every way and the blue crab and corn chowder soup was the best of all time for me. The evening was topped off with a fresh espresso martini. One of the best dining experiences I have ever had.

1  Thank tpharkman
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was my first visit. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, and best of all, the food was fantastic. My atlantic salmon was the best salmon I've ever had. It came with green beans which I didn't expected to be excited about but they were also the best I've ever had. I already have a reservation to go back again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We went Friday night, the first night of restaurant week. The calamari was good, and the salad tasted like mustard and wasn't tasty. For the main dish, I ordered the lobster and beef medallions. The lobster was ok, wouldn't order it there again and the beef was ok, not especially tasty or tender. The chocolate lava cake was very good and our waiter was good, but slow. Don't go if you are in a hurry, we were there over two hours. Disappointed for this restaurant, only really liked the dessert, everything else wasn't especially good, just ok. Don't want to go back.