“Lunch Time Celebration”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Just twenty minutes before visiting this establishment, I had proposed to my girlfriend! We were looking for a quite, nice place where we could order a dessert and call our parents. The hostess promptly set us, and the manager of the restaurant catered to us as our server! He was more than helpful and made us feel more like friends than customers. We only ordered desert, The Chocolate Bag, but it was excellent. I can speak for the entrees, but as far as the manager, atmosphere of a classy dining experience and the desert are convened I would highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's

Reviewed November 11, 2013

First I'd like to start by saying I'm a retired vet of 25 years in the military. That being said, I had some friends go to McCormick and Schmick's a few weeks ago and found advertisements for a free entrée for vets on the day before Veteran's Day, starting when they open at 1100. I arrived with my friends to try to get a table as soon as they opened. The people behind the counter looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my forehead when I asked for a table for four. There were dozens of empty tables and thought it would be easy to get a table. There was a woman and a gentleman behind the counter, the woman laughed at me and said the entire 800 person seating for the entire day was booked to "Veterans Organizations", and that reservations were made out months or even a year in advance. I asked why did they advertise this "free entrée" for veterans if it was only available to "Organizations" who booked the entire place, she shrugged her shoulders. I was then invited to eat my free meal at the bar, and if I wanted to, I'd better hurry up, because some of the "Organizations" coming liked to use the bar. I was stunned. The Restaurant should not advertise that there is a free entrée for veterans, if they are exclusive of people not in "Veterans Organizations", who they allow to book the entire place, whether there are people there or not. We went to Brio, an always welcoming place, while they didn't have veterans day specials but they actually welcomed us in instead of being pretentious snobs.

1  Thank jerryp182
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Usually don't write reviews of places where the experience was just OK. But I have been here several times and decided it was time.Yes the food is good to very good and it's an attractive space. But you just get that corporate/chain feel from the time you walk in the place. There is simply no charm or warmth. Maybe the problem is that I have eaten at the original in Portland and it had real, authentic atmosphere. My real gripe is the wine list. Do they think that KC is populated with a bunch of rubes. The prices per bottle are often 4X retail - that is not right. And it's not like the food is some bargain & they are trying to make their profit on the wine. From what I hear, the happy hour is one of the best in town. Maybe that is when you should visit. (P.S. The seafood at Bonefish Grill is just as good as M & S and has better prices for food & wine)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have always liked this restaurant and have not been there for a bit. Went there last evening (2 Nov) and ate at a table in the bar. The fried oysters and the salads were quite good. The clam chowder, however, was no where near proper temperature. Nice wine pours, but the list seems a bit pricey. A better time would be had on a less busy occasion. Dining room had waits of an hour plus - so somebody likes them. I do too, but last night was not as good as usual. Pretty room and great central location.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the KC plaza location. Although the waiter was good, our meal quality and time of waiting for the meal were disappointing. My wife's fish tasted like it was frozen previously. My fish meal was loaded with butter. Also the wine was way over priced. A bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay was $50......4+ times a retail cost. There are other fish restaurants that are more satisfying for your money.

2  Thank TXJayhawk3501