“A Special Occasion Favorite”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,462 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Being a displaced Easterner, I am very picky about my seafood. My family and I love McCormick and Schmick's on the Plaza. It is our "go to" place for that special occasion. We spend every Christmas Eve here after our traditional "A Christmas Carol" at the Missouri Rep. Our most recent meal was no exception. The fresh oysters were spectacular, and our meal was a treat. And for dessert, be sure to order the "Chocolate Bag." Service is outstanding! I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Loud, so, so service and disappointing food. And we love the Mc&Schmick in St. Louis!

Given the known realities about Atlantic Salmon, why does such an august restaurant chain still serve it? Paid extra for the Columbia River Salmon and both of us received overcooked - hard- flavorless pieces of fish. Really!?

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our family ate there on a Saturday night and we won't be back any time soon. Service was horribly slow (3 hours for dinner) and the food was over priced for the small portions. One had the blackened grouper which was over cooked and one had the salmon with ravioli (2 small ravioli) and the other had salmon with truffle sauce and there was no truffle sauce to be found and the fish pieces were all on the small side. The only thing that was really good was the calamari appetizer and the apple walnut pie and coffee we had for dessert. There are a lot of other really good places to eat on the Plaza.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Love to sit under stained class dome and eat the finest seafood. The food is great, never too much or overcooked, always just right and they provide substitutions when you want it on stuff. Service is great and restaurant is elegant but not pricey. Parking in plaza in underground free area, elevator to restaurant from there

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had planned to go to a different restaurant on the plaza, but found they were closed for lunch due to Labor Day. We planned to go to another place, but they were closed for Labor Day. The ambiance is really nice and there was indoor and outdoor seating. Out side they had a band playing, so we wanted to talk indoors. Our server was great with recommendations and try this instead! I had lobster bisque which was presented well... one server placed the bowl with croutons and lobster pieces and the second server poured the soup. It was very good. We shared the shrimp kiss.. a nice recommendation from our waiter. He also recommended the Mac & Cheese..I didn't fast, but was told it was good. My partner had the caesar salad and coconut shrimp. She loved them both but not me. but I didn't order them so no problem. I would definitely go back.