“Memorable”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,452 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Love to sit under stained class dome and eat the finest seafood. The food is great, never too much or overcooked, always just right and they provide substitutions when you want it on stuff. Service is great and restaurant is elegant but not pricey. Parking in plaza in underground free area, elevator to restaurant from there

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had planned to go to a different restaurant on the plaza, but found they were closed for lunch due to Labor Day. We planned to go to another place, but they were closed for Labor Day. The ambiance is really nice and there was indoor and outdoor seating. Out side they had a band playing, so we wanted to talk indoors. Our server was great with recommendations and try this instead! I had lobster bisque which was presented well... one server placed the bowl with croutons and lobster pieces and the second server poured the soup. It was very good. We shared the shrimp kiss.. a nice recommendation from our waiter. He also recommended the Mac & Cheese..I didn't fast, but was told it was good. My partner had the caesar salad and coconut shrimp. She loved them both but not me. but I didn't order them so no problem. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food is great! I have had oysters, salmon, talapia, shrimp, salads, wonderful desserts, great wine. Everything has been great - there is only one complaint. A couple of times when I have really enjoyed my meal and eaten everything on my plate, the waiter has exclaimed about my having eaten it all saying "well, you must have liked it since you ate every bit of it." I think it is a bit rude to comment on my eating all of my meal. It embarrassed me.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to happy hour last week and had an overall good experience! The service was pretty slow but I read reviews prior to going so we were expecting slower pace (the table next to us did seem to have very speedy service, so perhaps it depends on your server).

The drinks were absolutely fantastic. My husband hates rum (gasp) and liked my mojito so much he ordered one of his own! They seemed to use very fresh ingredients which made for delicious flavor combinations.

The happy hour food wasn't exactly out of this world, but it was good. I was content with the selection. We sampled the fish tacos, quesadilla, pretzels and bruschetta.

We would go back for happy hour because of those delicious drinks!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our meal was exactly what we anticipated: lengthy, filling and delicious. Service was excellent and each food item was perfectly prepared.