“Lidia's Restaurant”
Review of Lidia's Restaurant

Lidia's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lidia's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,460 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th and Baltimore
Reviewed October 16, 2013

You can not get any better Italian in KC. I always get the special of the day and am never disappointed. Go hungry.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

After being in town for 12 years we finally were going to Lidia's restaurant for our anniversary. What a disappointment! My husband made reservations several days in advance for Saturday 9/28/13 at 7:45pm. He told them when making reservations that it was our anniversary and they told him they would have an intimate/romantic table for us. When we were seated at 8:10pm it was at a small table where the waiters were racing past us in each direction. My husband told the person seating us that this was not the kind of table he had been told we would have. She told us that they gave us this table because we had waited so long. If we wanted the kind of table he had been promised on the phone it would be at least another hours wait. He asked to speak to the manager. After speaking to the manager and telling him what he was promised on the phone the manager said that all of their tables were intimate and romantic....I don't call what they were trying to give us was either intimate or romantic. Our decision was to leave and go somewhere where they appreciated our business. And I can say, we were not disappointed at all! Will never recommend Lidia's restaurant! Should have listened to other friends that tried telling us that we wouldn't be happy with the food or the service....I guess they were correct!

1  Thank KCSgrams
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Let me first say that reservations are probably a must. We went at 4 pm on a Saturday and got seared but the restaurant was filling fast. We had an absolutely amazing waiter. He met all our needs and went above and beyond. 8 year old son had spaghetti and meatball; wife and I had pasta trio. Along with meal we had antipasti tray, cesar salad and dessert and different breads and tampanades. There js not one thing we would complain about. Everything was fantastic but our favorite was the ravioli. It was ver light and full of flavor. I ate so many I was about to burst. The fettuccini was light and tasty and the fussili had a marinara sauce. All great. The antipasti platter was outstanding. Great and unique selection of foods on it. Salad was large and great. Really no complaints.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Be sure to try their osso bucco, pasta trio and their delectable sweetbreads. I can never forget how delicious the barley risotto with good sized shank. Genius! Well balanced and satifying. Will definitely come back

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We enjoyed a dinner with old friends on a very busy Saturday night. We probably stayed longer at our table catching up than they expected, but we had outstanding service and attention from our waitress Billie, and were never nudged to leave. The anti-pasta plank was a great place to start however we were surprised there was no cheese on it. We ordered several individual meals instead of choosing their special "trio" which includes unlimited servings of three different pasta dishes they roam around and serve. It did seem to be a popular choice at the tables around us. The homemade squash ravioli was outstanding. Our only concern was one of the bottles of wine we ordered from the reserve menu was switched out by them with a newer vintage and they were going to charge us the same price and were surprised when we questioned the bait and switch. A great evening overall.