“Food and service poor.”
Review of Lidia's Restaurant

Lidia's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lidia's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,496 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th and Baltimore
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Pasta cold. Bolognese with no meat and too salty. Server inexperienced and aloof. She was not present to attend to our needs but quickly snatched my wine before the glass was empty. $ 50.00 for poor quality pasta bolognese. The romaine in the Cesar salad was pale . I must say the cheese was of the highest quality and the dressing quite tasty.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Lidia's has a great weekend brunch, with a wonderful antipasti and dessert bar, and a nice selection of entrées to choose from. The restaurant uses a lot of local, fresh ingredients, and I really enjoy the venue.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A KC bartender suggested that I try Lidia's for Italian while I was in town. I took his advice, and had an okay experience, but there is lots to improve upon. The bartender seemed new to the place, and not up to speed. I had dinner at the bar, and while she new about the Restaurant Week menu, she didn't know many details about the food or wine pairings. Okay, she's a bartender first and food server second, I get that. But a manager trying to help came behind the bar with my entree before anyone cleared the salad course. It went back to the kitchen where I believe they put it under warmers until I was ready. The food was good, but I wish I had not gone with the wine pairings. They offered 3 wines with the 3 food courses, but they were pretty small pours and not of a great quality...for $18.00. And $8.00 for a rail gin/tonic is too much, even in this nicely appointed restaurant. Ease up on the bar prices and I would give you another star. Train up a little more and you get another.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

First, my wife and I had a very pleasant experience. That being said we were hoping for something special and were a bit disappointed. The atmosphere is the only thing remarkable about the restaurant. Tables are a bit close, but the decor is fresh and interesting.

The service was pleasant, but offered nothing beyond what one might expect from Olive Garden. If one wants to distinguish an establishment from ordinary chains the level of service needs to be stepped up, particularly when the food is only average.

The food. Cheese crisp appetizer was the only outstanding part of the meal. It was unique and flavorful. The Caesar salad was litterly soggy with vinegar. I'm a plate-cleaner, and I didn't finish it. The pasta trio was a great concept, but the pasta was uninspired. Cheese ravioli very plain. Bolognese was runny and sparse and served over pasta that was too al dente for the taste of the average diner. The desserts were good if uninspired.

I really wanted to like this restaurant, but in the end I will keep looking for great Italian fare in KC.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant after going to a play downtown. It was early when we arrived, and only about four tables were being used at the restaurant. We were told that we could not be seated because all of the tables were reserved so we would have to sit in the bar area. So as we sit there trying to eat dinner in this tiny bar area at this tiny table, we are expecting this huge crowd to come roaring in and take up all of these tables, but yet when left there were still ten or more empty tables. Clearly if you can't manage your restaurant better than that, maybe you shouldn't allow reservations. The food was so so. It seemed a hassle to eat at the tiny bar table.