“Dont let the Facade Fool You”
Review of Jasper's

Jasper's
Ranked #119 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Dined for dinner at the bar after recommendation by a few locals. Very good service and a vast wine and dinner menu. I tried the Shrimp Liverotta ( i may've butchered the name) and was extremely impressed. This place is not your run of the mill heavy cream and cheap aribiatta sauce kinda place. The bar does have a tv which was convenient for a solo business trip.

1  Thank Hog1

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dined at jaspers tonight great service and perhaps the best tableside mozzarella I have ever eaten!!

1  Thank Walter S
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My partner and I went to Jasper’s for a minor celebration only to find the place greatly understaffed. We were seated near the entrance and could see party after party linger there waiting several minutes to be seated. (We arrived near noon.)

Our waiter, Anthony, was overwhelmed. He had at least three tables plus he initially seated several guests.

This was our first visit here for lunch. There was no dedicated person seating persons. There was no bartender.

Is the prevalent flu to blame? Did one or more persons call in sick? Or, was the lunch crowd merely underserved due to staffing issues? It was Martin Luther King Day, and maybe more people showed up than mgmt expected. I do not know.

I do know that there was a long spell between receiving our menus and the waiter showing up to take the orders. Later long-spells occurred when we were done and soiled dishes sat on the table, we sought to order dessert, when we got our dessert, and when we received the coffee ordered. This was all unreasonable.

A woman appeared from the back-office area late in our meal-time and did some minor service functions. Where was she earlier? (The owner was present pooring water, seating persons, etc.)

To totally rub salt into the wounds, as we pondered our dessert choices from the rather large dessert cart (about a dozen different choices!) and with our waiter dutifully standing by to “take” the order, a second waiter appeared and spirited the dessert cart away. I will admit that we were very nearly decided on our order, but this rudeness is shocking, still! Obviously, this jerk was required to ask my partner and me if we were done with the cart. That he did not, speaks volumes about the poor training this waiter received at some point in his working career.

Bottom-line, the food here is very good, but these service flaws pretty much ruined the dining experience for us. Don’t think I will ever go here for lunch again. (We never experienced service issues at dinner before.)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

the food is as good as ever....just miss the elegance and atmosphere of the original Jaspers but we still love it!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

first visit to jaspers and the food was outstanding. veal valdostana was mouth watering and the rigatoni was incredible. great wine list and not overly expensive. Their desserts were very good, except for the creme brulee which was just average, but the strawberry cake, grandma's old recipe, was to die for. Service was excellent. A memorable dining experience worth going back to KC for.