“Don't Leave Kansas City w/o Eating Here”

Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House
Ranked #2 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore
“Don't Leave Kansas City w/o Eating Here”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I cannot leave Kansas City without eating at Jack Stack's BBQ. You have to get the platter with the lamb and burnt ends. The baked beans are also great. The bartenders are skilled and there is a great beer selection. They don't take reservations and it is always crowded.

Visited June 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The menu is quintessentially Knasas Coity, the food is excellent, the people charming and the ambiance welcoming.

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent atmosphere”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a week so I yahooed the best bbq in Kansas City and this is the first place that came up. The food was excellent and they were very accomodating to our children. My wife and I loved the atmosphere as I guess it was once a freight house. Old and new mixed very well. I was extremely impressed. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 star review is that they ran out of sweet tea while we were there at lunch. It may have been too much to ask since technicality Kansas City isn't in the Deep South. But other than that, this is definitely one of the best places I have ever eaten at and would go back immediately if I'm ever back up this way again from Alabama.

“Very good food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a business trip and I decided to try some local BBQ. This place was highly rated and I understand why. Very good BBQ and friendly staff.

• Visited May 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you get a chance to eat here, you will not be disappointed. Food was great and service was excellent--portions are huge and presented well. I didn't have to wait at all because I ate at the bar with a full menu.

• Visited June 2014