“BBQ standard in KC”

Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House
Ranked #2 of 1,406 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delaware
“BBQ standard in KC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great tasting BBQ, generous portions. We were a large group (20) and had to be split into seperate tables. Waiter at my table had less than stellar personality but service was fine. Be sure to try the cheese corn- super yummy!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best BBQ EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We ended up here on a Saturday night after a half marathon in Olathe and finding Oklahoma Joes to have a long line. So we stopped off downtown, looked around the P&L District, stopped off at some bars, and inquired about additional BBQ places around town. A bartender suggested this place and helped with providing directions as it's not easy if you're not familiar with the area. I don't remember looking up this place before making the trip, but it may have been because I didn't expect to be in downtown KC that night anyway.

Having done Oklahoma Joe's in Olathe the night before, I wasn't sure what to expect. When we walked in, this place seemed a little fancy. But after reviewing the menu and after eating there (knowing the portions and etc), I don't feel like it was over priced at all. We ended up getting a meal for two, full of meats, along with some onion rings, grilled vegetables and BBQ beans. There was brisket, ham, turkey, pork loin and of course ribs.

Wow, it didn't take long before I knew this place was way better than Oklahoma Joe's. I think I found heaven. The people there were really nice and the food couldn't have been better. Trust me, it will take bad weather or a ridiculously long line or some other catastrophe for me not to eat here again the next time I'm in KC.

We got there around 6pm on a Saturday night, had only about a 15 minute way to get in. When we left, there was a decent wait outside and on the patio area. It would be worth it though. You won't go wrong with this place, trust me.

Houston, Texas
“Great Wings and Burnt Ends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is the place for you if you like wings and burnt ends. This was the first time that I experience burnt ends and I must say that once I tried them I was hooked for the rest of my visit.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome- Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue restaurant is located behind the Union Depot in an old remodeled freight house (freight houses are train depots for storing freight). It is in the Crossroads Art District which is near the southeast corner of highways I-670 and I-35. There is plenty of free parking behind the restaurant so parking the car was really easy. This appears to be a small restaurant chain and there are 4 locations in Kansas City. The interior of the restaurant was interesting looking and had 25-foot ceilings and you could tell the place used to be an old railroad freight house. I enjoyed the atmosphere.

I went in April with my wife and in-laws and enjoyed an awesome meal. We went about 7 PM and had to wait about 30 minutes which was not too bad. I had The Sampler for 18.95 which came with Barbecue Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs, Beef Burnt Ends and Polish Sausage. It also came with two sides and I had French fries and BBQ beans. Our server kept pushing some type of cheesy corn bake side so we ordered it as an extra side (I thought it was only average). The BBQ beans were awesome and were the best beans I have ever had. The burnt ends were awesome as were the barbeque chicken and pork spare ribs. I am not a big fan of barbeque polish sausage and thought those were only average. I thought the BBQ meat was awesome and rate it the best barbeque I have ever had.

Overall I thought the BBQ was awesome and loved it. I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back on my next visit to KC. In addition, the service was excellent and our server was REALLY friendly and very helpful.

“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, decent food...a bit overpriced. This restaurant was on our to-do list for KC, but wouldn't go back if in the area again.