“One of the top 5 BBQ restaurants in KC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House

Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House
Ranked #2 of 1,400 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
“One of the top 5 BBQ restaurants in KC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Living near Kansas City my whole life Jack Stack is one of our favorite BBQ restaurants, we've eaten at every location around the KC area and all of them serve the same delicious food; however our favorite location is the restaurant in Martin City, MO just slightly south of Kanas City. For starters get the Onion Rings they are awesome (might be the best I ever had). I love the spinach salad and I do not generally like spinach, recently they started adding Salmon to the spinach salad, being from the midwest I do not eat much fish, but I'm pretty sure they will hold the Salmon. Myself, my wife, and our 5 year old usually split the RoundUp, it is a dinner for 2, but can easily feed 3 adults and probably then some, unless you're really big eaters. We usually bring home some tasty leftovers. The beans are hands down the best BBQ beans I've ever had anywhere, hands down. The cheesy corn is also very delicious, my 5 year old can't get enough of it. My wife really likes the cheesy potato bake (and it is good), but I like dipping the fries in the BBQ sauce. So, it is a toss up between if we get the Fries or the cheesy potato bake. The pork ribs are good, the ham is good, the pork meat is good, the brisket is good (but I've had better, a kind of hidden, off the beaten trail place a little ways south of KC in Freeman, MO "Harold's Smokehouse" has the best tasting brisket I've ever had, all the meats at Harold's have a smoke taste I just love. Down the road a few minutes is a Tiger conservatory(Cedar Cove), Saturday evening they feed the Tigers, makes for a nice Saturday afternoon/evening mini-trip for the family), back to Jack Stack the burnt ends are good (but I've had better, small place in North KC "Smokin Guns" has some top notch burnt ends, when they don't sell out of them, been awhile since I been up that way, but guessing they are still selling out the burnt ends) back to Jack Stack the chicken is very good it has a nice taste, moist, and good flavor. Really, you cannot go wrong at Jack Stack unless you are a vegan. Only knock I have is we went to the location near Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, a few years back on a Friday or Saturday evening and the place was just slammed wall to wall people and we got some below average service (from the usually top notch wait staff), the food was still excellent though and we left with some tasty leftovers.

• Visited March 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Bar-B-Que with Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue restaurant in the Freight house district is one of our favorite BBQ places. We like the atmosphere, in addition to the great food, for taking guests out for a great BBQ dinner. We have tried several of the meats and often order large variety plates so we can take the extras home for additional meals. Of their specialties, my husband loves the large beef prime rib and I enjoy the lamb ribs. KC has a lot of great BBQ joints, but this is a great BBQ restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
nola
“i don't get barbecue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

one of the things we did in KC was to try the world famous barbecue. zagat says jack's is the best in the country.i don't get it.nothing againt jack's - the service was good. the patio was great - lots of trains to watch.the meat was good BUT ITS BURIED UNDER SAUCE. SINCE WHEN DID COVERING EVERYTHING IN KETCHUP COUNT AS GOOD FOOD.thats what you do at a neighbor who can't cooks' party. not in a restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Rogers, Minnesota
“Fourth BBQ stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Nicest of the four places we visited during four stop BBQ tour. Had a slab of ribs which were good but may have been over cooked a bit. Good but were fourth best when compared to other places we tried. Secondly we tried a rib sampler that had lamb ribs which were ok but not great. One beef rib that the restaurant raved about and so did the waiter but we thought it was very greasy. The other ribs were two baby back and two spare. Nice place to go if you want a nicer place but we prefer the more rustic authentic BBQ place.

Visited April 2014
O'Fallon, Missouri
“try the burnt ends !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

It may sound terrible, but burnt ends are fantastic ! they're not burnt-its just a name. Great service & atmosphere. Great BBQ , beans and the soup !

• Visited February 2014