“Wow! Great BBQ and service.”

Jack Stack Barbecue - Freight House
Ranked #2 of 1,424 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wow! Great BBQ and service.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Saw this place on a travel / food show. Decided to try it and was very impressed. It was a busy Friday night so I sat at the bar. Bartender very quickly had me set up with a great local brew. I ordered Jack's Best. This is a huge amount of food! A large beef rib with tons of prime beef on it, burnt ends and ribs. All of this was smoked to perfection. Tender, Juicy. Flavorful. This was served with killer BBQ beans and a tasty cheesy corn chowder. All I can say is if you are in KC, then you MUST try this place downtown. Great atmosphere and service. I'll come here every time I visit KC.

• Visited April 2014

“Always delicious!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Jack Stack is the best BBQ in KC. The Cajun wings are to die for the ribs are always tender, beans are great. For sure our "go to" when we have friends and family in from out of town and a mainstay at all our tailgates!!

Tustin, California
“Dishonest Hostess”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We called ahead with a large party and were told they couldn't take a reservation but they welcome walk-ins. Because we knew they would be crowded, we went super early so we could get seated. At 4:30 pm, we walked into an empty restaurant and were told we would have to wait 90 minutes or longer. I'm not sure if the motivation for being turned away was race or not but as we were polite and respectful, I don't know what else it could have been. Maybe because half of our large party was teenaged. I am not certain. All I know is we left and I called back from a different cell number and asked if they could accommodate a large party and was once again told they were welcoming walk-ins. Maybe their idea of welcoming a walk-in is to make them wait in an empty restaurant for over an hour and a half. Doesn't seem very welcoming to me. At the very least, the hostess should let you know walk-ins are welcome but to expect a super long wait. I will never eat at this restaurant but based on reviews from other folks who did eat there, it's not as great as it's hyped up to be anyway.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank victoriacr63
Dallas, Texas
1,212 restaurant reviews
“Best location ”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten the Overland Park, and country plaza locations this is by far the best location. Beautiful restaurant inside plenty of seating and parking. Had the BBQ trout was very good and well cooked. Killer glaze on it would highly recommend it.

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply delicious!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try true KC BBQ and kept hearing about Jack Stack. We went in for an early dinner around 4pm. Only a few other customers so service was quick. Husband and I shared one of their Signature dishes, Crown Prime Beef ribs. At first it didn't look like it was a lot of food but it did satisfy!! Fall off the bone goodness!! Staff was very welcoming and friendly. I would recommend in a heart beat!!