“Great Tex-Mex on Southwest”

Ponak's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #148 of 1,530 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bar service may have been a little slow, but the great pitcher(s) of Margaritas made up for the wait. Chips and salsa galore, don’t miss their queso and guacamole. Twelve of us had great meals from tacos to enchiladas. No body complained. If they did, it was because of the size of their portions. Huge, expect to take some home.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

This evening, we sat in the bar area during the KC game. One server for the entire bar area and patio. It took forever to get a server. We received our guacamole but no plates or bowls to put it on. We had to ask and wait for water, more salsa, our check, a to go box. It was disappointing to experience.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

This is great Mexican restaurant. It is mostly with a American flavor. We their chilli con queso, enchiladas and pork burritos. All good I have eaten at least for 15years. Was back in town for a visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Went here for an adult birthday party. Every one raves about this place, I was not impressed. The drinks are so strong you can barely drink them. I know unusual complaint but it was like rubbing alcohol. The food has absolutely no taste, bland. Guacamole was smashed up avacado with no tAste. Everyone at our table didn’t like the food. ThAt being said the placed was packed.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This is the place to go for good Mexican food. I have visited KC twice and visited this place 3 times. I’m not a fan of rice and beans, but this place makes me love it. The staff are super friendly (but then again so is everyone in KC). They do the best margaritas (nothing like I have tasted before) but beware, they are strong! As soon as I am in KC again, this will be my first stop!