“One of Our Best Dinners Ever at Ruth's Chris”
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - CLOSED

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We travel quite a bit and are BIG fans of Ruth's Chris so made reservations when we found ourselves traveling to Kansas City. What a spectacular meal! The filets were perfection as were the salads, sides, and desserts. We enjoy fine wines and were especially pleased with the selection and the reasonable prices on some of their highest end wines. BUT what made this experience amazing was the BEST server we have had in YEARS....James. Professional, witty, warm, and absolutely delightful. James made our already special meal into a very special evening.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had only ever been to Ruth's Chris for dinner - never for Happy Hour. What a great surprise! Lots of fun drink choices and an excellent appetizer selection at competitive Happy Hour prices. I recommend the crab appetizer. I will be back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We took our German guests to enjoy a great steak and we were not disappointed. The men ordered the Ribeye and the women ordered the Petite Filet. Ordering sides ala carte was a new experience, but we were told each side should be considered adequate for 2. The steaks were outstanding, cooked to perfection and seasoned well, but not over-seasoned. The sides was adequate but nothing outstanding. The shoestring potatoes were abundant and served in a large paper cone, pleasing our German guests. The service was attentive but not hovering.
The atmosphere reflected an upscale steak house. The evening was a great evening. But be prepared for a hefty bill, more than $200 not including drinks.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I live in Wichita but every time I am up in Kansas City I eat at Ruths Chris. I recommend the bbq shrimp appetizer, a filet, the potatoes Au gratin, and creme brulee for dessert! Delicious and well worth the prices.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse combo item. The Filet Mignon was so tender you could cut it with your fork and it just melted in you mouth. The shrimp were very good also. included with the combo meal was an appetizer (I had the house salad with Balsamic vinegar dressing--excellent), the entrée(choose from 4 selections) and dessert for about $45. Frank, our waiter, and his helper, Kyle were super!!!! This restaurant is probably 5 star but there were patrons there with suits, dressy dresses and others with shorts and t shirts. They do have valet parking.