“Unbelievably excellent”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,429 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

After reading the reviews for The Capital Grille, my expectations were really high, and I admit I was a little leary that I might be disappointed. Never fear! This has got to be one of the best restaurants in Kansas City. From the moment we arrived, on a very rainy evening, we were treated like royalty. Our waiter, Bob Shay, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive.

We began the dinner with a cup of wonderful Clam Chowder. We each had the Filet Oscar and it was fabulous -- cooked perfectly and the crab meat on top was also excellent. We also shared the Roasted Mushrooms which were outstanding. My husband ended the meal with the Cheesecake and berries, which was to die for. I am not a dessert person, but it was the best cheesecake I've ever had.

When in Kansas City, don't hesitate a minute to go to The Capital Grille. We can't wait to return.

1  Thank KansasHummingbird
There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Capital Grille goes all out to make your dining experience a relaxed, enjoyable evening. The food is superb, presented well & so delicious. Our server, Eric--contributed greatly to our evening. He was so knowledgeable about whatever my husband asked, whether it concerned food, wine, etc. & took the time to discuss it with him. It is a definite MUST on our trips to Kansas City.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Three of us had a delightful lunch at the Capital Grille with flawless service from Katie Brown who was extremely attentive and professional throughout our meal.

Capital Grille has a terrific lunch special ($18) that includes three courses with three choices from each category. You can't go wrong with any one of them.

Valet parking is available and is a nice touch on busy days on the Country Club Plaza

A few days after our delightful lunch, Katie sent us a personal thank you note which is very rare in this age of impersonal service.

We will definitely return to this fine, classy steakhouse.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went to dinner prior to the theater and the server was very attentive to our tight schedule without ruining the experience. Overall, as a chain I found this to be on par with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I felt that is was slightly better than the Ruth's Chris in KC. While the steaks were well prepared (including a bone-in medium rare ribeye and WELL done filet), my wife and I felt the sides made the meal. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for. You might think tater tots are a bit odd for a restaurant like this, but they are awesome. Dessert menu is typical of this class of restaurant. Ambiance is very appropriate for anniversary or special occasion. Very hard to go wrong with Capital Grille.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had lunch here recently and was again reminded that the quality of the food and the service are first rate. I highly recommend lunch, as the prices are more reasonable and you don't have to eat as much as is often served at dinner. Everything is good, but if you are there in the fall definitely get the roasted butternut squash side dish with the cranberry chutney. I could eat this all day long. Also continue to love the hamburger here. And the sushi-grade tuna steak is always a delight. This place aims to please and succeeds.