“Amazing steaks.”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,421 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Amazing steaks.”
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Amazing steaks.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good! Pricey, but good!”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

good! Pricey, but good!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington, DC
“A major disappointment”
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Awful. I'm visiting from Washington DC where I have often eaten (happily) at the Capital Grille. This one was a pale imitation. Here's the good news: we had no trouble finding a table at 7pm. Also, it so happens that I like second-hand smoke (seriously), so I rather enjoyed being near the guys smoking cigars in the bar area. The bad news: The restaurant is dark and with the A/C running full blast in October it was freezing. Our waitress made a valiant effort to be professional but she was consistently slow or inadvertently inattentive. Ten minutes to get a glass of wine. Ten minutes to get the check. Our dinner -- considering the premium price -- was disgraceful. Steaks were huge but tasteless, and my guest's request for medium rare was met with a piece of uncooked meat. The potatoes au gratin were undercooked and chewy, the au gratin sauce was thin and tasteless, and the chef covered them with something resembling shake-and-bake crumbs. The glass of wine I ordered was served with perhaps two (small) fingers of wine in a huge glass -- my only thought was to send the waitress back to put more in the glass. All that and a tab over $125 (for two people, with one glass of wine apiece, no desserts). Sorry, but whoever is running the kitchen needs some refresher training. My advice: go to Plaza III.

3 Thank Eigmgmt
St. Louis, MO
“Costly but worth it!”
Reviewed May 28, 2007

My husband and I spent $130 before tip and we did not drink any alchololic beverages. However, if ever a meal was worth that price, this one was. From the maitre'd to the server, the staff was super attentive to our needs. The food was delicious as well, and I really enjoyed the fact that we were able to take our time and eat without having our next course rushed along. For example, we weren't given our main course until after we had finished our salads and appetizers. I was very impressed overall.

3 Thank DetectiveClari
Los Angeles, California
“Great but noisy bar”
Reviewed November 18, 2006

Fantastic place to have a glass of champagne or your favorite martini while smoking a cigar or cigarette (inside, thank God)! However, the middle-aged men can sometimes get loud like they do in sports bars and this is the only time when the atmosphere goes down a notch or two. If the staff would be so kind as to walk around and say, "could you please use indoor voices" perhaps this would be better.

2 Thank Writer/Director