“Good Business Dinner”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,451 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Took my team out for dinner this week and was impressed. The Delmonico was great and the Filet Oscar also hit the spot. The only downside was the size of my martini. It seemed to be a kid's version.....overall, I would recommend.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Have been here many times for fun occasions. This time was different though than our usual exceptional experience. My husband's steak was flavorless and tough. Not the usual one would expect here at all. The dessert and salad were average. The atmosphere was "lively" to say the least. Way too loud for us. The location is amazing, just being on the Country Club Plaza, one of our favorite places to visit (even though we live in Kansas City). The service was very good, as it always is at The Capital Grille. Our server knew his stuff and was enjoyable.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was a bit disappointed with this restaurant...it may be a popular place, but it is way
too crowded, loud and the service slow. The food was very good.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm very much into supporting our local restaurants, but for a chain this keeps up the standards especially in KC where steak is held to high standards. I've been here multiple times but my friend took me for my birthday recently and the staff was friendly and the service was top notch. One thing about this restaurant is that it has the professional waitstaff where turnover is very low. The staff takes pride in what they do and it shows on the service they give you. It was very sweet that they had birthday confetti on our table and they wanted to take a picture of us to commemorate the date.

The food as always was great and cooked just right. We had a bottle of wine, appetizer, split a salad and steak with a shared side. We were stuffed, but so happy at the end of the night. This is one place that I never have had bad service or bad food. Plus, it's located on the plaza so it's a great area to enjoy.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want to be pampered this is the place to go! My husband & I celebrated our anniversary here. We had a quiet corner table with rose petals on the table when we were seated. The service was exceptional. The steak was unbelievably good. Dessert & wine was on the house since it was our anniversary. A definite favorite!