“Always Tasty”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,421 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
Town and Country, Missouri
“Always Tasty”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great steaks, calamari, and lobster macaroni and cheese. Beautiful restaurant and located on the Country Club Plaza.

Visited February 2012

“Best Chocolate Espresso Cake Ever...”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We dined at Capital Grille during restaurant week and enjoyed a fabulous three course lunch. The lobster roll was wonderful as were the truffle fries. The flourless chocolate expresso cake was to die for. The best I've ever had.

Leawood, Kansas
“Outstanding and Consistently Good!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My favorite restaurant in Kansas City! Consistently good, with fabulous food and service.
We went last week for restaurant week, and the experience was outstanding, and a super value. We had a three course meail, including filet mignon, for $30. Unlike other restaurants, this restaurant does NOT reduce the size of portion.

Portland, Oregon
“Very disappointing for a Capital Grille”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I've been to the Chicago Capital Grille a number of times and always been very happy with my food but what I ordered for lunch in Kansas City - the salad with cold shrimp - was just gross. The menu said it contained cold shrimp and I had thoughts of those big, fresh, delicious shrimp they serve in their shrimp cocktail. This shrimp however, was seared and chilled but still transparant and raw. I sent it back for more cooking, it came back slightly more cooked but still fairly raw. They offered to grill some shrimp for me, which was also served transparent in the center. I gave up and even hesitated to eat the salad on which the relatively rare shrimp had sat. Call me old-fashioned but I'm of the school of thought that shrimp should be cooked until no longer transparent.

All this said, the service was excellent and our server did everything in her power to make it right, even comping dessert for us. If I ever go back, I'll stick to beef.

Perhaps I should have stuck to their beef, their specialty...

Overland Park, Kansas
“slipped in the last few years”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We only eat here once or twice a year and feel that it has far exceeded the price to value ratio. Service is excellent, but we will more than likely go elsewhere next year.