“Dinner out”

The Majestic Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,520 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Majestic Restaurant carries on the Kansas City traditions of great food and great jazz. We serve brunch Saturday and Sunday, lunch Monday-Friday, and dinner seven nights a week. Featuring Kansas City's best dry-aged beef, chops, and seafood and located in the historic Fitzpatrick Saloon building at 10th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, The Majestic Restaurant offers a true Kansas City dining experience like no other. Enjoy a great steak and fine wine in our main dining room alongside a grand bar dating back to 1910, or have dinner in our lower level jazz club, the site of an actual speakeasy during prohibition, all while listening to some of Kansas City's best jazz musicians seven nights a week. An extensive wine list, creative cocktails by nationally renowned bartender Shawn Moriarty, a list of over 100 whiskeys, and a sinful selection of delectable homemade desserts provide the perfect accompaniment to the meal and the music.
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

We were there the middle of December having dinner with our friends who had been to the majestic several times. It was in fact our first time there. We had 6 o'clock reservations downstairs in the jazz club. The dinner tables were very close together, crowded in fact. It was very busy so it affected service greatly. When our waitress was asked how many tables she was providing service for, she stated seven. We thought service was quite slow. My husband had a steak that was cooked to his perfection. My experience was not so good, I had ordered a salad with grilled salmon. When it arrived The salmon was not cooked thoroughly, was in fact slimy. Was not pleasing for my appetite. I felt like with prices as exorbitant as theirs is it should've been much better. The jazz music was very enjoyable for the dinner experience though. I'm not sure I would return.

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

A group of 7 were there pre-concert. (I use Open Table to make my reservations and it is flawless) It is a beef oriented menu but there are other items as well. I think vegetarians will probably not be impressed. The service was absolutely top notch. The steak soup is not to be missed. For all of the different orders, they all came out at the same time and were done perfectly. It is not the lowest cost choice for a dinner, but the quality of the food and service makes a "must visit" for anyone who wants a great steak.

Reviewed December 15, 2016

We arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation to check things out and see if we wanted to eat in Jazz Club area. While waiting we had a drink at the bar the drinks we awesome along with the bartender. After that when our friends arrived we went downstairs for dinner. The food was delicious. We had steaks, prime rib and scallops and everything was great. Service was awesome as well.

Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Was looking for a great steak house and found The Majestic and thought I would take the chance. Boy was I happy I did. Old building with a painted tin ceiling and an old wood bar that has to be from the 20's or earlier. The awesome service from Hillary suggested the steak soup which is made with chunks of prime rib. Great aggression.For steak, ordered ribeye with Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. The steak was awesome and cooked to order! Was to full for desert. Only regret was not knowing that tables can be booked down stairs for the jazz club to enjoy while dinning.

Reviewed December 11, 2016

The menu is incredible, the service flawless, and the entire staff is amazing. The lower floor is the Jazz Lounge, and the music is wonderful. The Pendergast Lounge on the third floor is a true treasure in Kansas City for cigar lovers. Jordan has a fantastic staff and they all are at the top of their game.