“Wonderful Ambiance and Service”

The Majestic Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,470 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Majestic Restaurant carries on the Kansas City traditions of great food and great jazz. We serve brunch Saturday and Sunday, lunch Monday-Friday, and dinner seven nights a week. Featuring Kansas City's best dry-aged beef, chops, and seafood and located in the historic Fitzpatrick Saloon building at 10th and Broadway in downtown Kansas City, The Majestic Restaurant offers a true Kansas City dining experience like no other. Enjoy a great steak and fine wine in our main dining room alongside a grand bar dating back to 1910, or have dinner in our lower level jazz club, the site of an actual speakeasy during prohibition, all while listening to some of Kansas City's best jazz musicians seven nights a week. An extensive wine list, creative cocktails by nationally renowned bartender Shawn Moriarty, a list of over 100 whiskeys, and a sinful selection of delectable homemade desserts provide the perfect accompaniment to the meal and the music.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had been driving past this place for several months always wanting to stop and see what it was like. My wife and I stopped one day for lunch and let me tell you..... it was one of the most delicious meals that we had ever eaten. More of a what i call cuisine style restaurant that separates itself from the "chain" establishments, where the customer is definitely number 1. You can tell by the taste of the food that it is prepared fresh and right there. We were so impressed that we came back a few weeks later on a Friday night and again everything was perfect. The service is excellent, the food is awesome and the ambience is very nice. Relaxing. A place where you can actually enjoy your glass of wine, have a conversation and eat without the overbearing "here's your check, no rush" establishments. Next time we will be sitting downstairs enjoying the live jazz.

1  Thank Chris D

Reviewed March 6, 2014

So here I am in Kansas City anticipating an awesome meal because of all the hoopla you hear about Midwest beef and I have to tell you that we went to 3 different local non chain Steakhouses and was flat out angry at the lack of quality we received at each meal. I mean plain piss poor beef.Our party had 5 members and 4 of them all said the same thing, heavy fat and grissel were in our meat and the 5 th had lamb I believe. now the Bar upstairs (first floor) was a nice throwback to the 30's-40's and the drinks were fine but we all said after leaving this place had the potential to pick up 100's of customers from our conference that is held 3 times a year around the corner at the Marriott but we felt it was so bad that we would never return. How this place has made it this long is beyond me.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Is it the best meal???? It was very good though. In KC on business and the staff at the hotel all said The Majestic. It is not cheap so be ready to pay between 35-65 per person for dinner. It is very good though, our server was excellent and the atmosphere is great. Beats going to a chain and they do have live music KC style down stairs.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I had dinner with some colleagues at The Majestic last night. While the food was good, we were less than impressed, sad to say.

We arrived with two three of our co-workers already there. Water was already there for us. The waiter never once asked if we'd like anything else to drink - not once. The water was refilled frequently, though. Our waiter was prompt and courteous outside of this major error. I had Prime Rib, which appeared to be much larger than "advertised" on the menu. It was very good and full of flavor. My twice baked potato was slightly burnt on top, but still good. Broccoli was steamed to perfection. We were never offered or asked to consider dessert. I wouldn't have ordered any, but surprised that we weren't asked. One of my co-workers had to send her steak back.

We were also led to believe that there was live music. If there was, it must have been in a different room or portion of the restaurant, because we didn't see or hear it.

All in all, there are better steak house options in Kansas City than The Majestic.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

By a fluke this historical gem was just around the corner from our hotel and it was a real find. The steaks were outstanding and the fried risotto appetizer was good as well. The Majestic has a lot of history and it felt like stepping back in time. Our server was very attentive and efficient. I'm sorry I don't remember his name but it was something like Todd, or Tad. He provided great service and made good recommendations.