“First Friday required stop”

Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 42 Dessert in Kansas City
Kansas
“First Friday required stop”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love all the unusual flavors of the Elbow chocolates and when you can get them at a discount, well I can not get enough. Plan to eat the coveted chocolates in the airconditioned shop with a glass of wine from one of the local galleries. Yummo!

Visited July 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Unbelievable artesian chocolate”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Must try this guys chocolate. He has a line of ice cream too that consist of wildly wonderful flavor combinations. The goat cheese and honey is to die for!

Visited July 2013
“Upscale chocolate,but poor service this time”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a place we visit for special times & gifts. After seeing a story on Food Network about Christopher Elbow Chocolates years ago, we make the 45 mile trek in anticipation of our favorites, & to discover new, seasonal flavors. The store is very clean & modern. The art on each piece is truly eye candy.
On this last visit, customer service was poor. On a Saturday morning, with only 2 other people in store and 2 employees, we still weren't greeted. This store is in the middle of KC, so you know people have had to drive to get there. The employee assisting us was a snob. When I asked about the seasonal flavors, she curtly said, "They are spread about in the case." Didn't offer to actually show me where! A new customer ahead of us asked about a rewards card. We have spent hundreds of $$ there and have never been offered a rewards card. Even as we were paying, the cashier still didn't bother to explain the rewards card to us. Maybe its a new program?? Guess a customer is suppose to assume they offer one & ask. Poor service again, for the amount of $$ one spends there. I would LOVE to work at Christopher Elbow, as you know customers are happy coming into your store for delicious chocolate. Overall rating of 5 for product and owner. Lower rating for snobby employees.

• Visited June 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

You do not want to pass by this amazing hidden gem! This is a little storefront down in the Crossroads of Kansas City! Blink and you will have missed it. The chocolates are the most decadent I have ever had and really little pieces of delicious artwork. I had a spice chocolate from the advice of one of the employees. Sweet mercy! Who would have thought spice and chocolate?
They are on the higher end price wise but worth every single penny. I learned while there that they are also located in Dean & Deluca over in Leawood. I will now be a life long customer. MMMMMM

Visited June 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Holy COW!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are in the Kansas City area on the first friday of the month, you have to go to Christopher Elbow. This is the best time to go so long as you go early to beat the lines. It's half priced chocolates on that one night and they do not charge the sales tax if you pay with cash.
The chocolates are gorgeous and truly a sight to behold. The only thing they are more than beautiful is they are the best chocolates I've ever eaten. My favorite one has either got to be the Fleur de Sal caramel chocolate or the Lavender caramel. There is something for everyone here. You can buy a box and, unlike russle stouvers, the chocolates you won't eat could still serve a purpose, looking pretty. Hands down, best chocolate shop in Kansas and that I have ever had.

Visited April 2013