“A rating of 5 is no where near high enough!”

Seva Cuisine of India
Ranked #36 of 1,438 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, flavorful, wholesome as well as balanced meals. Genuine friendly service. Clean and lively atmosphere. Many Vegan, Gluten-free and Dietician Approved options. Seva is the best Indian dining experience in the area.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is one of the best places in the entire Kansas City metropolitan area to eat. The food is fresh and oh-so flavorful. You can get it as hot or mild as you like. The owner visits every table and often brings samples of other foods to your table. Everyone is friendly. If you go for lunch, they have a buffet, which makes it easy to sample several things on the menu. The buffet usually has a test dish on it as well, and they'll want to know what you think of it. Then go back for dinner and order your favorite. My personal favorite is the butter chicken. I HIGHLY recommend it. What are you waiting for? Get over to Seva now! You won't regret it!

2  Thank Tonifa

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We're on our way from Washington State to Georgia and we were craving some Indian food. Being an Indian myself, I have very high expectations from Indian restaurants.

When we first entered the place, we were greeted with friendly smiling faces and we were seated right opposite the door. The decor was very simple yet beautiful. There was a hand painted (it seems) tree with a beautiful peacock on the wall, right above the buffet table.

We were greeted with water and papad which is a thin crisp seasoned dough that's been roasted on a flame. It was served with 3 assorted dipping sauces (chutneys) that were served in frosted shot glasses! How neat!

The menu is very small and simple. They do have some interesting items like the vegetable pakoras. It's basically red and green bell peppers, onion, and spinach dipped into a seasoned batter and fried to perfection. They were absolutely delicious, not spicy at all but delicious.

We then ordered the fruit chaat, it's assorted fruits topped with garbanzo beans (chick peas), wheat crackers, and their famous sweet and tangy sauce, and sprinkled with a seasoning. It's delicious and they can make it as spicy or as mild as you want! My family and I haven't ever had this anywhere and it was truly an interesting, yet delightful surprise.

For our main course, we ordered vegetable kadhai, saag, and some naans (breads).

The vegetable kadhai was sweet yet spicy and it included lima beans, green and red bell peppers, cauliflower, onion, and some other vegetables. It was truly delicious. The chef mixes and matches flavors as well as texture really well.

Now, onto my personal favorite dish, the saag! It's basically a gravy of spinach with paneer (home made cottage cheese). It was fantastic to say the least. We ordered all of our food to be medium spicy and it was a wonderful experience.

The breads we ordered were butter naan and garlic naan, they were soft, pillowy, and chewy all at the same time. They were by far the best bread we've ever had at a restaurant.

We also ordered their mango lassi, it was combination between sweet and tart, my suggestion would be, don't put any sugar it in! It might ruin the flavor for you.

Along side of our main course, we were provided with onions, lemon, and chilies which were at no cost to us. The owner (I'm assuming) stopped by our table and we had a little friendly chat, he was very kind and very professional.

We were also given a lentil (dal), rice that had carrots and peas mixed in, as well as some fruit in a platter. Which again was complimentary. The food was utterly delicious!

We also tried the gulab jamun for dessert, it was flawlessly made, not too sweet yet not to bland. It had an interesting back note that I still can't put my finger on. But nonetheless, it was delicious and cheap!

Over all, great place, good ambience, great staff, great food, and great price! I totally recommend it to people! If you're ever in the area, definitely go try this place! You won't regret it!

2  Thank Rahlixx
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We love Seva. The food is always very good and the servers friendly and helpful. If you are unsure and have not had Indian before just ask them, they are happy to help you make the right food choice. Serva serves authentic Indian food and is a fabulous addition to our area. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

There is a word for a restaurant that actively seeks to understand what its customers want and then creates ways - sometimes even creates new dishes - to meet those desires. In our experience, here in Kansas City's Northland, that word is "Seva".

According to the restaurant's web site, "The word “Seva” (say-va), means “to serve”, “to wait or attend upon”. Seva represents our name as well as our purpose." When Ann and I stopped by for dinner tonight, we were greeted with this brand new menu item (sorry for the low-light image ... it may be an effort to read it, but it'll be worth the effort ...) that gives life to the owners' on-going effort to develop and to offer high-quality, healthy, well-flavored foods that will fit most any person's diet plan.

Well done, folks ... well, well done!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I really enjoyed over 2-3 meals per week that included most of the items on the menu. Each meal was cooked with fresh vegetables and served with pride. I was treated well and felt like eating at home. I would highly recommend to try out this place during your travel.