“It's "OK", but don't go there at night”

Isle of Capri Casino Kansas City
Ranked #129 of 178 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for fun & excitement, the hottest slots, and all your favorite table games, then look no further than Isle of Capri Casino Kansas City. The casino features approximately 1,000 slots and a variety of table games including roulette, craps, and blackjack. Come experience the action at Isle of Capri Casino Kansas City.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is not a place for whites to be on a Friday night. It's an "inner-city" casino and it's easy for whites to find someone with an 'attitude'. I just had one raise hell with me because the black bartender waited on me before another black customer - who was 20 feet away and neither one of us even saw! They cut in line, take your machine if you go to the bathroom, stand in the way so you have to walk around them. Before 4pm through the week isn't bad. It's an older crowd and they all smoke, but there's not much 'attitude'.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Isle of Capri in KC is a nice place to play, the staff is friendly. Not really much else to do besides gamble, as there is no hotel. Isle Casinos comp program isn't nearly as good as Harrah's.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I should start by saying that the closest casino to my house is in Tunica, Mississippi, so that is the one that I have visited the most frequently. I really enjoyed the Isle of Capri in Kansas City. We were only there for a few hours which was plenty of time because it is a small casino. They have several table games. I did not play slots, so I do not know much about them. We were there on a Saturday night and had the crab legs. I thought they and the other things on the buffet were delicious.

1  Thank TLaymon
Reviewed September 17, 2012

this place was terrible. both restaurants were gross. the food at the actual restaurant wasnt so bad but the buffet reeked of fish, the food look congealed.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We occasionally go here on the weekends for the seafood buffett. Although the food is almost certainly good every time the service is pathetic. We have never had a waiter who kept our drinks refilled or brought us extra napkins. Saturday when we were there we waited until half way through the buffet before we even got our drinks. This place really needs to focus on boosting their level of service in general.

2  Thank Eric G