“bachelorette party dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dubliner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 1,411 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grand Boulevard
Description: The Dubliner is a traditional pub where you will be instantly entranced by true Irish ambiance. The rich, dark wood interior is imported from Ireland where it was hand done by Irish woodworkers. The menu is inspired by the countryside along with your traditional American pub fare. At The Dubliner, enjoy an extensive list of beer, wine and spirits from across the world. It is a great place for families, perfect for business lunches and the ultimate place to unwind on the weekends. Planning a party? The Dubliner has event spaces for groups from 4 to 400! Have your next happy hour, reunion, dinner or birthday celebration at this celebrated Irish Pub!If it's not your favorite Irish Pub, it will be once you visit!Sláinte!
Kearney, Nebraska
“bachelorette party dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was co-hosting a bachelorette party for a friend who lives in KC and got lucky to find a restaurant that took reservations as there was a Kid Rock concert on the same night. We were able to get a semi-private room, which was what we prefered. Our reservation was for 7:30pm which is when we arrived but our room was not ready for us as there was still a huge crowd for the concert. We had to wait for about 10 minutes before being led to our room and when we got there, there was still 2 small parties eating. At first I was a little peeved as we had reserved the room but I realized that they were almost finished so it wasn't that big of a deal. Our server seemed a bit frazzled from the large concert crowd and it looked like she had a long day but she was still attentive and made sure our needs were met. The menu was small but everyone (party of 10) was able to find something to suit their taste and after ordering, our food was delivered fairly quickly and everyone was happy with what they got. I don't know if I'd visit again, but it fitted our needs nicely for the party.

• Visited February 2013

Overland Park, KS
“Weeknight dinner at Dubliner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to The Dubliner on a Tuesday night (I think) because we had a Groupon. We didn't have to wait for a table at all but, I think that's because we went fairly early in the evening. We didn't know what to expect but we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good! The bar is absolutely beautiful! And, this place pours the best Guiness outside of Ireland!! We want to go back again soon! Next time I will request a table on the inside of the restaurant and not close to windows or doors. It was a little chilly!

• Visited December 2012
Topeka
“Hour wait for dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our party of three arrived at 5:15 p.m. on 11/30/12 and was seated quickly. We sat outside, across from the Sprint Center. Great spot to people watch. This is the good news.
Our dinner took an hour to arrive after the waitress took our order at 5:30 p.m... Adding to the problem, our food was brought to us cold. The manager came to our table and apologized. Her tone of voice sure did not convince the folks at our table that her apology was sincere. She told us, when the restaurant was full, dinner takes an hour to deliver to each table. She asked me, if she could take my food back to the kitchen. I told her, I did not have time to wait another hour. The manager did not response to my comment. I assumed since she did not refute my statement, it would take another hour to fix a hamburger and fries.
I have been to the Dubliner on a few other occasions. If you want to have a cold beer, this is a good place to go. Do not make any dinner plans when the restaurant is full unless you do not mind waiting an hour at your table for dinner after placing your order with the waitress.

• Visited November 2012
Iowa
“They Have Guinness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

They were really busy the night we were here because Springsteen was in town, so take this review with a grain of salt.

The food was not good at all. I had the Reuben, wife had the Shepherd's Pie. Nothing special at all here. I was pretty hungry, so they didn't have to nail anything perfect to impress me. Still didn't happen.

Have the standard Irish beers on tap plus several other styles. We had a dude waiter, and he was very, very good. The waitresses had short skirts and a skimpy top on. They looked really good. I would go back for the 32oz Guinness and the view...

• Visited November 2012
Calgary, Canada
“An excellent pub with great Irish fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I dropped in here one afternoon just to see what an Irish pub in the USA was like. I was atmosphere and pub food was pretty good.

• Visited October 2012