“I found this restaurant to be good and the wine excellent”
Review of Accurso's Italian restaurant - CLOSED

Accurso's Italian restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 50th & Main
Transit: The KC Metro
Description: This is not the same thing as the deli listed under this name
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had asked at the hotel about a place near CVS where I was headed. They recommend a couple of places, but the hotel was tepid at best on this place. I stopped in for lunch since it was very convenient and I am glad I did.

I just had an Italian sandwich and it was good, I had a glass of chardonnay, which was excellent. I Just at the bar and Sarah was a great waiter. I would certainly return. Try this place in the afternoon and for a delightful lunch and glass of wine.

I would like to try some of the other entree's.

Give it a try; I like it.

There are newer reviews for Accurso's Italian restaurant

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I enjoyed the Pasta Diavlo w/ shrimp for lunch. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the creamy sauce provided just enough heat. The service was excellent and I would dine here again.

1  Thank RockyB816
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First tried the mushroom appetizer based on good reviews. Didn't care for the taste of the breading. The salads were just okay but the croutons were not crisp. I ordered eggplant parmesan because I had also seen great reviews for it. It tasted as though it had been prepared and then kept warm, resulting in soggy eggplant. The pasta served with it had bland and scant sauce. The server did a good job except he didn't check back with us after our entrees arrived. He acted as though it we were at fault for not hunting him down and sending the entrees back. He may have suspected we were trying to avoid paying the bill, which was not the case. He then delivered a free slice of what he called their award-winning cheesecake with strawberry sauce all over it. If he had given us a choice of a free dessert, he would have known that we would have ordered it without the sauce or maybe an entirely different dessert. Nothing about the cheesecake was award-winning in my book. I believe a baked cheesecake should be firm - not creamy. This was creamy, so if you like creamy cheesecake, you might like it. I think the best part of the meal (sad to say) was the bread, which finally arrived after the salads, with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, although I prefer that bread be served warm.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Service was good, atmosphere was nice, but the food was flat out bad. The lettuce in the salad was starting to wilt. My companion had the Italian Steak Parmesan (actually pork tenderloin); it was dry and over-done. I ordered their signature dish, the braised veal – “8 hour Chianti braised shank”. I was expecting something akin to Osso Bucco; moist, tender, fall off the bone. The actual dish was ¾ inch chunks of dry, tough meat with more fat and gristle than edible meat. The side, Parmesan Risotto, was good and was about the only thing on the plate I ate.
As a side note, at 8:30 on a Thursday night, we were the only table of customers in the restaurant. We were vacationing in KC and not familiar with the restaurant, relying on on-line reviews. Pretty obvious that the Local’s knew better than to eat here.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had the spinach salad with chicken and a side of fries. Both were very good. The lunch prices were very reasonable. The salad with chicken was $8. Our waitress was a little forgetful, but pleasant. The outside seating was really nice. I would go here again.