“Gourmet French Casual Downtown KC”
Review of Aixois Brasserie - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th Street
Transit: There is a bus stop across from the parking garage at 9th and Main.
Description: This is a new restaurant that just opened.
“Gourmet French Casual Downtown KC”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Aixiois is a fun & trendy place to meet friends or go for business dinner in downtown KC's Power & Light District. Excellent food. Good prices. Nice servers. Nice clean modern decor. We loved it and will go back. Our only problem was that we had a reservation and they sat us so close in between two other tables that we felt like we were eavesdropping or vice versa. It was NOT private and was very awkward for this level of restaurant. Panera's tables are not this close. But the food was great. Ribeye and Hanger steaks were excellent. The French are not know for their french fries and neither is Axios. Skip the fries and get the mashed potatoes.

• Visited July 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Très bon”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just recently moved to the KC downtown area and while there are many restaurants to chose from in the Power & Light District, someone had mentioned Aixois. I can't say enough wonderful things about the food, atmosphere and service. Visiting France on several occasions, this is a close fit with regard to the indoor ambiance. The other location has outdoor seating , but we opt for this location so we can just walk to it. I suggest if your looking for a wonderful experience away from all the crowds at Power and Light, you should have a meal at Aixois. You will return, I promise. Also, the food is very reasonably priced. I chose not to place a rating on the cost/dress code because you can dress up or down, and the menu has selections based on what you would like to spend. I would probably rate $$ and $$$

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Another French gem in KC.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A little strange location on the ground floor of an office tower in downtown KC, but the food and atmosphere is really good. I was there for dinner. Not crazy busy - I wonder if it is busier at lunchtime given it's location?

It's a nice French style place, French/corporate if that makes any sense - but cool. They were playing French and European styled hip downtempo lounge music, which was very agreeable.

Escargots were garlicy buttery goodness. Salmon entree was a perfect blend of all flavor groups. Duck breast special was over-cooked the first time, but corrected on the second try. Really all delicious, and wel presented.

The "house" wine blend (the red at least) was decent, so don't be afraid of it!

• Visited April 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Gem in Downtown K.C.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place is fairly new, try it! I have dined here three times for lunch in 2013. Usually I get a chicken sandwich or the daily special. I have had fish & chips, soup, and the grilled cheese sandwich at various times. All were excellent, and taste like they were prepared by a chef. The service is good also. I have eaten in restaurants all over Europe and North America so I think I know quality when I taste it. One time I ordered the quiche and it was good but the portion was a bit small. They greet you when you walk in which is a nice touch. The decor is simple and clean with shiny dark wood trim, and they have a bar. The restaurant has a warm feel to it. We are very fortunate to have Aixois Brasserie here as the local restaurants had been thinning out in this area of Walnut St. near 10th Street, probably due to competition from Power & Light District about three blocks directly south. To have a restaurant of this caliber is truly a blessing. Aixois will make you feel like you are at a Brasserie in New York, or maybe better! I have nothing but high praise for them.

• Visited March 2013
Kansas City
“Wanted to like it a lot...”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We really wanted to like this place...a lot, service was good (although some bar/wait staff were talking quite loud in the dining area), lighting was good, music was good. However I just wasn't impressed by the food. It may well have been the particular things we ordered but neither of us were impressed.

• Visited January 2013