“One of the Best Things I've Done in KC”

Taste of Kansas City Food Tours
Ranked #6 of 20 Food & Drink in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rated Kansas City's #1 Food Tour Attraction, Taste of Kansas City Food Tours food tasting and Prohibition tours will take you on a 3-3.5 hour guided journey of "savory & sweet” through the culinary hotspots of Kansas City's most unique and delicious neighborhood's. As part of your experience you will explore and taste from some of the neighborhood’s most under the radar “mom and pop” shops to 5 star culinary destinations. Now known for its eclectic mix of people and culture, KC is where chefs and restaurateurs have migrated to show off their ethnic infusions and progressive culinary flair and in Westport you will become submerged in the melting pot of cultures and filled up with delicious food bites on the tree-lined historical paths of modern day eateries and unique boutiques. If you are a fan of the Food Network or consider yourself a "foodie," then this tour is for you. Kansas City has become a go-to destination for people who love to eat and we're the ones who will show you why.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

I have been on the taste of KC Crossroads tour as well as the Westport Tour several times. Both tours are historically informative, I learned a lot about my home town on both tours. The owner and staff are great to work with and customer service is their top priority. Cannot recommend these enough. The Crossroads tour entails quite a bit of walking. The Westport tour is about a mile total broken up by 5-6 stops.

All reviews
"the crossroads"
in 47 reviews
"prohibition tour"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
in 6 reviews
"history lesson"
"small group"

Reviewed November 10, 2014

I love a food tour and look for one in all major cities I travel to! This one was one of my favorites! I thought the variety of food was excellent as was the historical tour part of the trip. We would definitely take this tour again!

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed November 7, 2014

What a wonderful tour! Rebecca was an excellent guide, very knowledgeable not only about the food but about the history and architecture of the Crossroads area. The food was wonderful. I especially enjoyed the autumn spice latte at Thou Mayest. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in KC history and in good food at out-of-the way places.

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 6, 2014

To help celebrate my birthday 12 friends joined me on the Crossroads Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour. This was a knew district of K C that none of us had visited before. What a wonderful way to spend a crisp fall day. Not only were the food and drinks great, but Rebekah shared local history and current events of the area. We have taken food tours of Chicago and New York City and this one was especially interesting to us. I would recommend this tour if you like food, local history, and being off the eaten path. Be aware that the $54 price jumps to over $60 when taxes and fees are added.

Date of experience: November 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of going on a 3 hr. walking tour of the Crossroads district, with wonderful stops all along the way. Our guide, Rebekah, was incredible. She knew SO much history about the area, the architecture, and the businesses along our tour. I would highly recommend this. We enjoyed tasty pizza, wine, cheese, lattes, chocolate, and fabulous light plates at several restaurants. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable tour, and Rebekah obviously loves leading the tours and is very good at it. It was fun to discover a few great spots that I'd never been to before, but will definitely return to! Give it a try…..you won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: October 2014