Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Tour made for a fun birthday

We grew up in KC and come back to visit my parents. We wanted to do an “experience gift” for my... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
katjudd123
Salt Lake City, Utah
via mobile
KC Streetcar and Culinary Tour

The tour was just wonderful! We live in the Kansas City area. It was so fun to visit four Kansas... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
DIANE S
LENEXA
via mobile

All reviews the crossroads prohibition tour highly recommend this tour cocktail tour foodie tour food stops australian bakery chocolate shop walking food tour lip smacking food city's history fun facts great tour guide out of towners kc area history lesson small group
Reviewed November 6, 2014

You don't need to be a foodie to enjoy this tour. There's a lot of history, culture and of course, great food & drink. Rebekah's enthusiasm for Kansas City's past and present will draw you in. Our group included born & raised locals and most hadn't been to these quaint, fun places. Also, it was our second tour with Rebekah and we can't wait to go again!

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 6, 2014

The nuts and bolts of Taste of Kansas City Food Tours is walking and talking, stopping in, looking around, having a bite or a sip (or both!), and enjoying each other's company while having fun. What you don't realize is, you're also absorbing some nerdy history of old Kansas City, things you never knew and now are an "expert" about. And you've found half a dozen new places for dinner and drinks that you never knew existed, and now you can't wait to bring your friends and lovers to try them out. Plus you worked in a couple of hours of leisurely walking and fresh air. Did I mention you lose your anxiety about being in "strange" parts of town and discover you love this campy, bohemian stuff? Take this yummy little 3-hour tour once and you'll absolutely want to come back for more!

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed October 29, 2014

Our daughter bought us this food tour for Christmas last year! We chose to use it for part of our anniversary celebration. This was so great! Rebekah, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable about the history of the area that was on our food tour route (and some history that was not)! By the time the tour was over (it was a 3 hour tour), we had eaten plenty and had gained a lot of well-known and lesser-known history of Kansas City and the Crossroads district. Every question we asked, Rebekah, was able to answer (or point us in the right direction). Rebekah was a great guide. She was very knowledgeable and industrious. I would recommend this tour to all who enjoy a little food and history. I know my husband and I are planning to get a group of friends together and take the newly added "dinner tour." I'm sure it will be every bit as exciting!

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed October 6, 2014

I have been on several Taste of Kansas City food tours, through Westport, The Crossroads, and now the van tour progressive dinner. Rebekah has made sure that all have been a great experience with tremendous food, great people, and some interesting facts and history provided along the way. This has been such a fun way to learn our local history, get to know local restaurants I may not have found on my own and meet some new people and socialize. I would highly recommend these tours for locals getting to know their city or those that have family or friends coming to town and they want a fun interactive way to show KC off to them. It is also a great idea for visitors coming to Kansas City who they want to eat at the best places while getting familiar with the history of our great city.
A fun excursion I highly recommend!!

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed October 4, 2014

The whole experience was superb. Rebekah has hand picked restaurants and the signature special dishes at these establishments. The food and drink were terrific and Rebekah is a very knowledgeable and entertaining tour guide.

Date of experience: September 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction