“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taste of Kansas City Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 13 Food & Drink in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rated Kansas City's #1 Food Tour Attraction, Taste of Kansas City Food Tours food tasting and cultural walking tour will take you on a 3 hour guided journey of "savory & sweet” through the culinary hotspots of Kansas City's most unique and delicious neighborhood's. As part of your experience you will explore and taste from some of the neighborhood’s most under the radar “mom and pop” shops to 5 star culinary destinations. Now known for its eclectic mix of people and culture, Crossroads is where chefs and restaurateurs have migrated to show off their ethnic infusions and progressive culinary flair and in Westport you will become submerged in the melting pot of cultures and filled up with delicious food bites on the tree-lined historical paths of modern day eateries and unique boutiques. If you are a fan of the Food Network or consider yourself a "foodie," then this tour is for you. Kansas City has become a go-to destination for people who love to eat and we're the ones who will show you why.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are traveling across the country and had a 'pit stop' in this area so we decided to try this food tour. Our guide was extremely well informed on the history of the area which is primarily responsible for the unique vibe/architecture of the location. While I am not as interested in history as some, the information was an excellent coupling with the food experience. The food locations we visited were diverse in food choices and decor. The staff at each location was friendly and the food was extraordinary at each location. Clearly we would highly recommend this experience to all.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eddy V

Gallipolis, OH
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“nice introduction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited several restaurants in the arts district. Grinders was fabulous!!!! really good pizza. The chocolate shop was neat also. They offered coupons for a later visit, unfortunately, we were with a group from out of state. Great for locals or people that live within driving distance. It is a good bit of walking between places.

1 Thank swet
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved this tour, it was fun, and very interesting things told about KC. The food on the tour was A-MAZE-ING!!!! Would do it again, the next time we visit KC. Can't wait to get back to the city, so we can go to some of the restaurants on the tour and have dinner with them. We loved them all, so that makes for a lot of going out to eat, we will have to come back to KC several times to get it all in. GREAT FOOD TOUR - 5 stars...

1 Thank bamah
Leawood, Kansas
“Simply awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I took the tour because I love unique food from local establishments. I was not familiar with the Crossroads and this tour opened a whole new world to me! The Crossroads is one of my favorite hangouts now! I really had no exposure to this area or it's history. This tour was very informative and really includes the best the Crossroads has to offer! I loved all the establishments on the tour and the selection of dishes and sweets to sample was as diverse as it was delicious!!! I loved it so much I went back for a second tour and whenever I take clients to Nica's I always order the same sampler platter they serve on the tour even though it is not on the menu! My clients love it!

I also enjoyed the company on the tour. I met a number of wonderful people who share my love of a great culinary experience! And Rebekah is a wonderful host and tour guide! Her love of unique local culinary establishments really shines through and makes the experience interesting and fun! If you are local, in on business or just visiting, this tour is a must! Nice job Taste of Kansas City Food Tours and thanks for introducing me to the Crossroads!!

Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Could have skipped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was super excited for this food tour - as i have done 2 in the past. One in Winston-Salem, NC. the other in Seattle, WA. So i guess i went in with high expectations. While the tour was nice - and i learned a lot about KC and the Crossroads disctrict- even though i do not live here the tour lasted 3 hours - and we probably spent a total of 1 hour in the restaurants. The tour was so spread out spending 2/3 of the time walking from place to place was not ideal. The tour guide was very friendly, but also very nervous - even though she knew all the information - after some more experience and a bit of confidence and she'll be great. I didnt like that the tour ended so far away (a little less than a mile) from where it began. I did like one stop on the trip where the manager/owner came out and told us about his restaurant. The food on the tour was great - tried many new foods I would have otherwise not ordered. Thought it was a bit overpriced - could have gone to these places on my own and paid less. I also think the group you participate with makes a big impact. Definitely would recommend for people to do - especially if you are looking to spend a day outdoors and trying new things.

3 Thank jennifer h
Rebekah D, Owner at Taste of Kansas City Food Tours, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am so very sorry about your experience with your food tour. This was actually your guides first week as a tour guide solo and although we had gone over the route as well as the history several times I can only assume she was nervous about the day. I can assure you she will get more training before her next tour and I can not apologize enough about your experience. I hope you will call me to discuss. We do let our guests know in advance that the tours do not begin and end at the same location and is stated in a couple of different locations on our website. This is not how our tours operate and I am just very sorry. It sounds like you enjoyed the food at a few of the stops and I hope you will go back to those establishments. All the local restuarants on the tour are hand picked and we think give a great tasting of what Kansas City has to offer.