“Great food great service”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Ranked #27 of 1,451 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

W went to this place after we got tired of waiting for a server to show up at the Jacobson restaurant next door. At this place the service was not only prompt but with a great smile and enthusiasm. food was good quality. This is one of the best all vegetarian restaurants in town.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I used to live in Kansas City. We were visiting for a few days and met friends for lunch at Cafe Gratitude. This was not just dining, but this was an experience. We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and our waitress was lovely. The dishes are very interesting. Such unique combinations. The dessert was amazing. We have our favorite places that we visit when we return to KC, and Cafe Gratitude will now number one on that list.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Love the atmosphere, the RAW and vegan foods...and the gluten free options! Our server was amazing. I was so amazed at how good the food was - you would truly never know you were eating health food here!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

4 of us went to Café Gratitude after a wonderful night at the Kaufmann Center. This is just a little too west coast hipster for me. I can not see paying $15 for raw food- the waitress was patronizing- sorry but my 80 year old father did not know what cashew cheese is- but treat him with the respect he deserves. If you are a vegan or have one visiting and want to be talked down to as you eat healthy here you go--or go to the city market and enjoy the flowers and variety as you eat your veggies

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lunch at Cafe Gratitude was the request of a visiting relative who loves vegan/vegetarian restaurants. Although none of our group of six are vegans - two are vegetarians - we decided to give Cafe G a try. Once seated in the very interesting old building on Southwest Boulevard, I found something on the vegan-cute menu that sounded good: "I am Gracious." All the menu items are "I am ____ " (various uplifting adjectives) . . . too hip to quit . . .
Even though we arrived only 40 minutes after opening, 3 members of our group (including me) had to select an alternative from the menu because the Cafe was "already out" of polenta & veggie burgers - what appeared to be the more substantial menu selections. I settled for something from the starters list that was the same price as an entree (around $12), but was definitely an appetizer in quantity. The complimentary water is room temp - no ice - & all the drinks are rather on the pricey side - especially smoothies. Honestly, not one of our party had any raves about what they ate. This is definitely a restaurant that caters to a certain clientele & takes itself quite seriously. I can only recommend this restaurant to hipster vegans who are happy to munch on a couple of seed crackers & a scoop of salad greens . . . and can drop $15-$20 on a lunch . . . knowing that they may be hungry again in two hours.