“Night On The Town”

Howl At The Moon Kansas City
Ranked #3 of 73 Nightlife in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Howl at the Moon Kansas City is the hottest spot in the Power and Light District! Our high-energy dueling pianos and amazing events make us the coolest spot for Kansas City nightlife! From company functions to happy hour with friends to bachelorette parties in Kansas City, the party is always at Howl at the Moon come and see us.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you are looking for a fun time, then this place is the place to go. The live band that plays there is assembled by a group of very talented musicians who play your song request...at a "tip" price, of course. The food there isn't too bad; typical bar food. The customer service was very good and the wait staff took care of our group very well. If I am ever back in Kansas City, MO again, I will definitely find time to visit this place again. Thanks for a great night on the town!!!

All reviews
"dueling pianos"
in 7 reviews
"power and light district"
in 11 reviews
"blast"
"audience"
"bbq"

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I won a party and we had a great time. The only compliant I have is that I tried to reserve tables before. I left three message and two emails with no response. Called the general manager the day of event because I still had not heard from anyone and still got no return call. Very disappointing!!! We only went because it was free with that kind of customer service that is the only way we would go again. By the way I came with 52 ppl!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went here with two other couples. When we arrived, the place wasn't too busy, but got more crowded as the evening went on. Our server was good and prompt. We had beer or wine. Fair prices. When we arrived, there were two pianists. Playing together tonight, not dueling. They encouraged requests, with a dollar bill, and encouraged audience participation - which was good. The two were joined by a third on the drums, and at times, a fourth on guitar. All of the first three would rotate from piano to piano to drums or guitar. All were excellent musicians, good singers, and great at getting the crowd involved.
It was very interactive and fun. There was quiet a variety of patrons - this was during the Big 12 basketball tournament. Fans from various colleges, wide range of ages - from college age to senior citizens. All seemed to have a good time.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went on a Saturday night for a big show. Had 5 artists on stage. They rotated between 2 pianos, drums, bass guitar, etc. All good vocalists and even better musicians. My wife is pregnant and I don't drink, so can't speak to the drink menu but the atmosphere and performance I'm sure make up for it.