“not as good as the others.....won't go back”
Review of Howl At The Moon

Howl At The Moon
Ranked #3 of 69 Nightlife in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Howl at the Moon Kansas City is the hottest spot in the Power and Light District! Our high-energy dueling pianos and amazing events make us the coolest spot for Kansas City nightlife! From company functions to happy hour with friends to bachelorette parties in Kansas City, the party is always at Howl at the Moon come and see us.
York, Nebraska, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“not as good as the others.....won't go back”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I helped plan a bachelor party and we all enjoy live music so we decided on howl at the moon since we had been to "Howl" in other cities (I have also been to Orlando, San antonio, and denver). We paid the extra up front to reserve tables. We had an awesome waiter that tried his best to keep up with us. He was one of very few highlights of the night. Our group spent alot of money on drinks and also on requests. After we had ponied up probably $70 in tips to the musicians and hadn't heard one request, I asked one of the musicians what was going on. He told me, "Your requests are for oldies and classics, and we have been told by management to play only newer songs and hip songs from requests." I asked another musician a little later to verify and he told me the same story. Now these were not lame old songs, but decent rock legends.

When I left, I told my issue to the waiter (Chris I believe was his name....once again, awesome waiter), and he told me that it was the new management that took over recently and that I should talk to him because he had been having a lot complaints about this issue. So he took me to the manager. I talked with him and he kinda brushed me aside and then said that he had never told the musicians to do that.

This was my 6th trip to a "Howl" location, the others were alot better than this because they played requests. From now on, I will find a Blazin' Piano bar.....cheaper drinks and friendlier musicians.

Note to musicians.....remember who is paying you tips to play!!!

Visited May 2013

Olathe, Kansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun night”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Some friends were in town for the weekend and got free cover charge vouchers from their hotel. When we first got there, there weren't any open chairs. Bartenders seemed annoyed with our presence. Pretty soon a table opened up. The floor is a little cramped, but they have wait staff who was pretty attentive and nice. Band/piano players were fun, sometimes a little too loud, especially as the night went on. But overall we had a pretty good time. Drinks are a little expensive and with the cover charge and cramped space, the entertainment doesn't quite make up for those deficiencies.

Visited April 2013
Negaunee, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must have been a blue moon.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been to Howl's in four other locations and loved them, but I left this one after 30 minutes. Poor service and dirty. The singers/piano players were not very good and were poor at interacting with the audience. I was in town for a week and was told that they were their primary entertainers.

Visited February 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“So fun and different!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is such a fun and different bar. The musicians are extremely talented - they take requests and can play anything from Justin Beiber to Maroon 5 to Journey and other old school rock. They even played some Afro Man while we were there! They have bucket drinks, which are great. It's a great place to go when you need a break from the dancing but don't just want to sit in bar. I would definitely recommend it!

Visited March 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“OMG...you have to go to know what I mean!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place was on a hunch...after checking out their website I thought I'm going here. It did not disappoint and the entertainment was super!! We had amazing service and we enjoyed everything from the drinks to the dancing to the show...will be going back very soon!!

Visited January 2013