“Bamboo, Bratwurst & Beer”
Review of Haus - CLOSED

Haus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Bought a Group-On and went for lunch today. The building design/concept is very appealing to me. Lots of re-purposed materials. Open seating with tons of choices: picnic tables inside and out, a tall table bar area with stool and bench seating, regular low tables with bench seating. Didn't use the outdoor patio but I am a bamboo lover so it looked appealing and wonderful. The service was good. We took our no nap-time 3 year old and he really enjoyed his kid's hot dog meal on a pretzel bun. Ordered a beer flight (one of 3 or you can build your own). The beer was delish...and I do not agree that the beer selection needs help as mentioned in an earlier review. I had the burger on a pretzel bun and the hubs had the lamb wurst. We both enjoyed our selections. Fries are DELISH and the dipping sauces are a nice little touch: curry sour cream, sirachi ailoli and a few others. It was a unique dining experience for a decent price. We shall return. p.s. The Happy Hour selection looked interesting: M-F 2-7 and S 12-6. Sounds good to me.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Place in middle of city. We ate in the outdoor covered patio which blocks the neighborhood but gives you a peek of the city through the windows. Brats are good, and their potato salad is heated, not sure what else they put in there but more like a soup. Very good. I am not a beer drinker so I cannot comment on that. The brats are a little on the high side, but the experience makes up for that.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Unique place to grab a good German beer and taste a wide variety of bratwurst! Driving up to the place looks uninteresting until you walk in and find a nice outdoor area with walls to block out the boring neighborhood. Also, you really won't find a nicer service staff in Kansas City.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very much enjoyed the Burnt Ends Brat from the Local Pig. Brat was cooked to perfection. Wished that they had a few more beers to choose from. Thought that the atmosphere did not really match a German Beer Garden but I was there for a late lunch and the place may be much better in the evening. The service was okay but not really great.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice building in a more beat up part of town. Meats and beers are good but a little pricey. Sides were good as well.