“Interesting German/European cuisine”
Review of Affare

Affare
Reserve with OpenTable
Affare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,489 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 19th Avenue
Transit: Max stop in front of restaurant
Description: Modern German cuisine and a great wine and cocktail list! Affäre supports local farmers and family-owned, biodynamic wineries. Wine Wednesday: Free wine tasting every week from 5-7! Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10-2:30: enjoy Endless Mimosas for $10! Courtyard seating and Private Dining available. Great lounge and bar, offering seasonal cocktails and spirits from craft distilleries. Great beer selection!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoy this restaurant. The food is well prepared and beautifully presented. The servings are slightly bigger than "small plates" size so plan on ordering a couple of items per person...which isn't a bad thing. The fish is so succulent and delicately sauced. My husband got the schnitzel which is more classic German. The wines are great and match well with the fish/salads. Share a dessert.....lots of flavor! Service is great and atmosphere is lovely.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined at Affare for the 1st time and truly appreciated the service, food, and affordability. We'll definitely return. As one of my biggest complaints in the food industry is a waiter that asks "are you still working on that?", I'm very happy to say that this did not happen at Affare. In fact, our waiter was prompt and attentive without being intrusive. The fact that he knew to serve from the left and remove from the right, was especially well received. While my wife thought that her dish was a little to salty (we don't salt our food at home) and told the waiter, he offered to bring her a different entree and at the end of the meal, one of the owners stopped by our table and apologized for the food being too salty. That is the way customers should be treated. We will definitely be back to Affare.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had thought about German food and was thinking heavy and stodgy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Tasty nouveau adapted cuisine is excellent.....try it!

1  Thank copperas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chef Martin Heuser has been nominated for "Best Chef in the Midwest" by the James Beard group. I think this is a testament to his skills and the quality of the food at Affare. Ignore the negative reviews or, as one reviewer suggested, go to McDonald's.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurnt in Kansas City and I was very pleased. The atmosphere is delightful and what I found most interesting was that even though the room is somewhat large and open, it was very easy to visit with my guest.

The food was extremely enjoyable. They provide a great selection for about anyone's taste.