“A great new option”
Review of Affare

Affare
Ranked #79 of 1,433 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 19th Avenue
Transit: Max stop in front of restaurant
Description: Modern German cuisine and a great wine and cocktail list! Affäre supports local farmers and family-owned, biodynamic wineries. Wine Wednesday: Free wine tasting every week from 5-7! Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10-2:30: enjoy Endless Mimosas for $10! Courtyard seating and Private Dining available. Great lounge and bar, offering seasonal cocktails and spirits from craft distilleries. Great beer selection!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had thought about German food and was thinking heavy and stodgy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Tasty nouveau adapted cuisine is excellent.....try it!

1  Thank copperas

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chef Martin Heuser has been nominated for "Best Chef in the Midwest" by the James Beard group. I think this is a testament to his skills and the quality of the food at Affare. Ignore the negative reviews or, as one reviewer suggested, go to McDonald's.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurnt in Kansas City and I was very pleased. The atmosphere is delightful and what I found most interesting was that even though the room is somewhat large and open, it was very easy to visit with my guest.

The food was extremely enjoyable. They provide a great selection for about anyone's taste.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our visit was during Restaurant Week. While some restaurants don't make much of effort to make their Restaurant Week anything special, Affare went above and beyond and truly brought its A-game. Everything was fantastic. Our server could not have been more conscience (he even came over to apologize that he was about to get a large party to serve and wanted to make sure we knew another server would be assisting us if he was not available). The food was terrific. My spouse had the snail and mushroom soup and loved it. Even my butter lettuce salad was great. My Angus beef was cooked perfectly and my spouse's roasted porkloin was just what she wanted. The desserts were topnotch. If you get a chance, try the quark cheese cake.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to Affare for the first time today, for lunch. I had not heard of it before. They had a wonderful $15 three course lunch for $15. Depending on what you ordered it could be quite light or quite heavy. I opted for heavy. Seems like it is run by a husband and wife, both apparently German. There are not many German restaurants in Kansas City (this may be the only one right now), so I was very pleased to find it. It is about half-way between dowtown and the Crown Center area. You could easily walk from either place if the weather is fair.