“Fun for everyone!”

Science City at Union Station
Ranked #12 of 159 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: See how astronauts train for space missions or discover the chemistry behind some of your favorite beverages. Kids and adults alike will be entertained for hours at this center dedicated to showing how science is a part of our everyday lives.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We took a group of kids from 4-14 and everyone had a great time! It was very enjoyable and educational. You must try the sky bike-wow! What a great lesson and it's free! This is truly a must-do if you are in KC with kids. Lots of different activities and so much to do and see. We will make it an annual event.

1  Thank KStaterinMO

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is one of the best science, hands on places we've ever been! This is a destination worth driving to! I have 1 pre-teen, and 2 in elementary school. They all loved it!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

There is a TON to do here. If my daughter didn't get tired, there would've been enough to do to keep us busy for several hours. There were a couple of field trips with teenagers there, but they were fairly polite and let my kids go in front of them for certain things. We would definitely come back here. Plus we got in free with the membership to our local science museum!

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We keep an annual membership to union station to bring our kids (8 & 12) by anytime we are in KC. We have only been on weekdays, I am not sure about crowd control on the weekends. You can spend a day or an hour. It is very interactive and will wear out the kids. I always recommend this to friends as a destination during cold or rainy days. I recently encouraged a co-worker to take her 1 year old and she said they had a blast in the toddler area, her daughter fell asleep on the way back to the car. We usually add a movie in Union Station, a trip through the train museum, and watch a few rounds of the toy trains to round out the day before leaving.

Side note: I often like the revolving exhibits in Union Station. For example, a couple years ago the Princess Diana exhibit came through. Science City was a great place for my husband to take the kids, while I leisurely walked through the exhibit and actually got to stop and read about the items on display. It was a rare treat!

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I will start out by saying this place is really cool-lots to do, all of it very engaging and interesting. We went during spring break, which is a very popular time of course, and there were alot of people there. And just like everywhere else, some people make their children behave and others let their children go wild. It's not science city's fault of course, but if you can go at a time that is not so busy you will have more fun.