Science City at Union Station
Ranked #12 of 160 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: See how astronauts train for space missions or discover the chemistry behind some of your favorite beverages. Kids and adults alike will be entertained for hours at this center dedicated to showing how science is a part of our everyday lives.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A lot of fun interactive exhibits for my 3 and 5 year old. We went on a day when it wasn't too busy so it was easy to follow the kids and keep track of them. It is great fun and worth a visit on a week day.

1  Thank Kim K

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been there twice, would go back, it was fun for my daughter and I! Order your tickets online before you!

1  Thank slicebackhand
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am seven years old and my mom took me and my six year old neighbor to Science City. I think it is very interesting and cool. My favorite thing was the little animal place that had bunnies, chinchillas, and sugar gliders. I also liked the big sphere that had the globe in it and you could choose the effect on the computer (Mom's note: This huge interactive globe is relatively new to Science City and it is wonderful! So much fun -- we spent almost 30 minutes looking at the evolution of the earth, weather patterns, airflight patterns, and different planets). I also love the Mystery Hotel even though it is a llittle bit scary of the part when the skeleton picture comes on. I LOVE SCIENCE CITY!

1  Thank Kate N
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We did science city and the current rock music exhibit with two young teens. The enjoyed both, though science city is certainly geared to a younger crowd. I highly recommend both for an afternoon or morning activity with the kids.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a fun place for kids to have a good time and learn a little something. Fun and educational displays.