“Great place to visit with the family”

Science City at Union Station
Ranked #12 of 164 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: See how astronauts train for space missions or discover the chemistry behind some of your favorite beverages. Kids and adults alike will be entertained for hours at this center dedicated to showing how science is a part of our everyday lives.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Union Station boasts a Science City, the Amtrak terminal, and an IMAX. It is safely connected to the Crown Center shopping center, the Hallmark visitors center, and the Westin.

All reviews
"gift shop"
"special exhibits"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I visited this shortly after going to the science museum in St. Louis. As much as I loved the St. Louis' free admittance, I preferred the way Science City is more hands-on than lots of reading. Children aren't the only ones who prefer to learn by doing rather than reading. If I want to read about science, I'll get a book. Science City brings science alive for children and us adults who are still kids at heart.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Science City was a great surprise in Kansas City. It was very clean and well put together. It was very neat. I think it would be best for kids who are a little bit older than my 3 year old, but she still enjoyed all the sights and sounds and spaces that Science City had to offer. The staff was helpful with questions. The website said there was free parking but we could not find it. We REALLY loved that Science City was a part of the ASTC passport program which makes your membership with them even more useful. Overall we really enjoyed our trip there.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

More like a children's museum than science museum, but fun for kids. Love the optical illusions and space training bits.