“Dont miss this!”

Kansas City Single Loop City Tour
Ranked #1 of 157 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National World War I Museum and Memorial is America's leading institution dedicated to remembering, interpreting and understanding the Great War and its enduring impact on the global community. The Museum holds the most diverse collection of World War I objects and documents in the world and is the second-oldest public museum dedicated to preserving the objects, history and experiences of the war. The Museum takes visitors of all ages on an epic journey through a transformative period and shares deeply personal stories of courage, honor, patriotism and sacrifice. Designated by Congress as America's official World War I Museum and Memorial and located in downtown Kansas City, Mo., the National World War I Museum and Memorial inspires thought, dialogue and learning to make the experiences of the Great War era meaningful and relevant for present and future generations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you are in KC, put some time aside to visit this very informative and engaging museum. I did not know how little I knew about this war until I went here. I went here hesitant, and left educated and amazed. I think this tour is around $14/person. There are a lot of displays and videos that give you the feel of being around the time of the war. I would very easily take this tour again.

There are newer reviews for National World War I Museum and Memorial

Reviewed January 27, 2014

When I first took my young sons to this years ago as part of a school field trip, I had no idea what to expect. I was, for lack of a more delicate term, simply blown away. From the poppy field under the glass walkway, to the wide screen theater, to the numerous artifacts to be seen and even touched - this is an incredible place to submerse yourself in one of the world's greatest turning points.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

An exquisitely done, almost a "boutique" museum - I a great location across from Union Station - another great KC attraction. You will leave with a much greater appreciation for the impact of WWI. Don't miss a trip up to the top of the Liberty Memorial for the fantastic 360 views of the city!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This museum has it all: interactives, images, videos, trenches, text, timelines, artifacts, etc. It is oen of the mest museums in this country.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Actual artifacts and different media. Loved the mural and old sheet music on the 2nd floor. Real tank, Japanese airplane and ambulance on display. Interesting.