“Friendly Service but some costly errors”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Athens, Georgia
“Friendly Service but some costly errors”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I hate giving less than average reviews, but this place made some errors. The customer service when I arrived was fine. They were friendly and showed us to our room. The room itself unfortunately had some errors. The bed was very squeaky, so whenever you rolled over you caused a minor ruckus. The water bottles in the room were already opened, which made me question the overall cleanliness of the room.

We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning which was also pretty bad. The coffee was poor, the fruit was bland and the again, an overall poor experience.

I will say the staff was friendly and it was a quiet place to stay (other than the bed), so the place did have some plusses.

I'm not going to say this was the worst experience of my life, I'm not going to say I'd never come back, but I have to believe there are better, cleaner hotels in that area for just as good a price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
tannerskci, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport. I have shared your positive comments regarding guest service with out team and I I have addressed the complimentary bottle water problem with my housekeeping manager. We continue to try to excel in every aspect of the guest's stay and feedback good or bad is the only way we can see what our guest experience.

Brad Verkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
long island, new york
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Good quiet standard four points hotel. Comfortable room and free coffee in lobby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
tannerskci, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Dear gaf14,

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Kansas City!

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We book This Sheraton for the first time since we were flying out the next morning from MCI. This Sheraton could use some updating but the room was satifactory. My biggest complaint was when we returned back from our trip we took the complementry shuttle back to the hotel and when we arrived I need to use the internet at the hotel but the agent that was working that evening advised us that since we were no longer staying at thier hotel that we could not use thier internet. I was a little dissapointed and dont think we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveljnke 101,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport. I wanted to apologize for the desk clerk's reaction to your request to use the internet, and I have addressed with the entire team for future guest requests. Thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service and I do hope you can give us another opportunity when traveling out of Kansas City.

KC
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The last thing you want to do when you've been delayed twice, missed 1 flight....is talk to somebody, just want to get to your Hotel & hit the pillow. I was thoroughly impressed by their Shuttle Driver Greg. He grabbed my bags, engaged me in conversation...(although I did not want to speak)....even offered to get me something to eat since Tanners was closed, went above & beyond. The room was very comfortable & the Breakfast Buffet in the morning was plentiful with many options. I will definitely stay at this Hotel again the next time I am in Kansas City. The gentlemen on the Desk @ the evening signed me up for their Loyalty Program....SPG, I can't wait to start building points !!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
tannerskci, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport. It was nice to hear you compliment the front desk, Greg, and the restaurant staff. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Kansas City
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The halls had a bad smell. The bathroom in the room had ants all over it and it is freezing cold in January! We went to the bar/grill to order food. They had one waiter/bartender. It took forever to get order in and food was awful! We had already ate at a Tanners before at different location and food was great. This one was highly disappointing and made both of us sick! I reported to the front desk that there was ants in our room (148) and she said "oh we seem to always have ants in that room". WHAT? Evidently they dont care that they have ants. We will never stay at a Four Points again. In one word to sum up our experience...UGH!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chaskay

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Seward, Nebraska
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This was our second stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. The only negative thing about the hotel is the location in that it is not very close to any eating establishments (other than the hotel dining room). The hotel itself is one we will definitely stay at again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple