All reviews boulevard grill park and fly front desk the shuttle driver an early flight kansas city airport first floor great rate stayed one night zona rosa clean hotel business travel outdoor pool rhonda kci midnight bedding
Reviewed May 23, 2018

We stayed at this hotel prior to a 6:00 am flight getting the room at the last minute. Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean.The gal that checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. Given the close proximity to the airport and our arrival time, the location was perfect getting to the airport quickly. The location is in an area with a lot of other hotels, not many restaurants close by to eat at but an easy drive along the interstate. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

AnniversaryCruizer,
Thank you for your recent stay and four star review. Appreciate all the positive features and interactions you experienced.

If you ever cruise back over our way we hope to welcome you again. Safe travels,

Reviewed May 16, 2018

This was my first time in Kansas City and the hotel was awesome location. 5 minutes from the airport and not far from casino and downtown. The front desk lady named Chelsea was awesome and very welcoming. She took care of anything I needed including shuttle needs. There was a male staff member at the bar/restaurant each day that was also very nice and awesome customer service. The bar/restaurant inside the hotel is nice and open from 6am-midnight. Will be back anytime i come back to Kansas City. Make sure you ask for Chelsea at the front desk

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank dezmond928
Reviewed May 13, 2018

My memory grows dimmer every passing year, but I seem to recall that this hotel was originally a Sheraton and there was another Sheraton Four Points somewhere else in the nearby area. I'd spent the afternoon on business at the Sheraton Crown Plaza downtown that had once been a Hyatt, so who knows? This hotel has an enviable off-site but close-in location to the KC airport. Parking was also close-in and I breezed into the lobby to be effusively greeted by Lucas who'd asked me if I had SPG status. I told him I had, but had booked on Hotwire, so figured it would do me no good. Besides, the SPG program is about to be folded into the Marriott Rewards system and my SPG account had probably been buried with King Tut anyhow and figured it would do me no good. Bless his heart, Lucas unearthed my entombed account number, assured me I'd get SPG points and that they'd be transferred to my Marriott account. Moreover, he booked me onto an SPG floor, bless his heart!

The room was standard, but pleasant and featured two complimentary bottles of water (which I use in my C-Pap machine). There were close-by sockets for my C-Pap as well as a mini-fridge for my insulin. Linens, beddings, towels, as well as hot water etc. were all plentiful as one has come to expect from this company. The AC and TV remotes didn't require engineering degrees to operate and hooking into the free WiFi was easy - even for a Jurassic era technophobe such as myself. Inotherwords, there were few, if any surprises which, on a busy trip, can really be a blessing. In short, there were no disappointments or shortcomings and I'd be thrilled if Hotwire booked me here again, especially at the great rate I found on-line.

One special note: the public areas as well as the rooms were decorated with art which depicted local Kansas City scenes rather than the ubiquitous contemporary abstract art which is found in so many hotel rooms making them indistinguishable and often cold. This was a nice and thoughtful touch which adds a pleasant distraction from hotel chains' decors consisting mainly of an array of tans.

Room Tip: If you're schlepping a lot of luggage from the lobby, ask for a LOWER numbered room (e.g. Floor #-01-10) to avoid a long hike.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Jim H,
Thank you for your business and detailed review. We appreciate all feedback so that we can continue process improvement for memorable guest experiences.

To answer your initial question we have been a Four Points since 2006, but we completed an extensive renovation in late 2014.

We hope to welcome you back again if your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

So, if you're flight gets in *late*, and you don't want to drive the 30 minutes or so it takes to get to Overland Park, or downtown, or whatever, then, well, this'll do.
But, thats about the only reason to do so.
* The rooms are clean, but somewhat ratty,
* the fitness center is *wee* and claustrophobic
* If you want to get coffee/muffins in the morning, it's a 10 minute drive
* There is *nothing* nearby
And so forth. Literally, there is *nothing* nearby, except for the airport, and a couple of, well, skeevy restos. Mind you, if you must, the hotel resto has a decent selection of beers (and that's about all it has going for it).

So yeah, if you have to, stay the night, and then find a different place!

Room Tip: Ask. Just...ask. (not that there is a "view" mind you)
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dieswaytoofast
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Dear dieswaytoo fast,
Thank you for providing your feedback and your business we did appreciate having you as our guest. Your description of our hotel misses the mark of what we are trying to provide and I will review your comments with my team so we can improve for future guests.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I've been staying here when my business travel takes me to KC for about 4-5 years now. (Maybe 6 stays for 3 to 5 nights each). I again found this be a fine place to stay when in KC. Fine Staff, clean and quiet rooms, nice bar / restaurant. It is what I expect from SPG / now Marriott property. I find it convenient for all of my travel around the metro, and it's nice that the Zona Rosa mall area is close by.

Room Tip: Become a SPG / Marriott Frequent Guest.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business

Dear Wil D,
Thank you for your repeat business and review. It is always great to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. We take pride in providing memorable accommodations. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,