“Fantastic overnight stay”

Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
erlanger ky
“Fantastic overnight stay”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was just an overnight stay with my daughter and 9 month old grandson while on a cross country drive. As such, we didn't make use of the pool or other amenities. Lobby was clean. Front desk staff very friendly. We had called and requested a crib but it wasn't in the room when we arrived. It took less than 5 minutes to arrive after notifying the desk. Room was on first floor. Great for us since we had so much baby gear. Stopped in for the Happy Hour. Had a beer and ordered a salad which was very large and fresh. $10.99, so not too bad for a hotel. The only thing keeping this from being a 5 star experience was the towel situation. This is a huge pet peeve of mine and is not limited to this property. If there is a crib request on the reservation, common sense should tell housekeeping that a third towel and washcloth might be nice. By the time we noticed the baby was already in the tub and we just didn't feel like making a call. But, all in all, our room was spotless, people friendly, check in/check out efficient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear cvg22858,

Thank you for your stay and four star review. I enjoyed reading the great comments about the front desk, lobby and your spotless room. Also sounds like you enjoyed your dining in our restaurant Boulevard Grill. We have just completed an entire hotel renovation and we are very proud of our new product. I have made note about adding additional wash clothes in rooms with crib requests for future guests. We hope to see you soon if your road travels bring you back thru Kansas City!

Safe travels,

Brad Verkamp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Diego
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Last Saturday, I stayed that Four Points KCI and it was such a horrible check in experience that I chalked it up to it being a new person working alone on the graveyard shift. Tonight when I checked in, the 20 minute process to check in just confirmed that my previous experience was not an isolated issue. From the moment I walked in, I knew it was not going to be a good night. The front desk clerk yelled across the lobby to a manager I assume, "How do I ask Josephina if a room is clean?" Then as she could not reach her on the walkie, she proceeded to find me another room. eventually another clerk came along and tried to help. After spending some time looking for a clean room at nearly 8pm at night, they told me they had only doubles since they had a large group checking in later and all of the SPG members. I blatantly asked her who she thought I was if not one of "those SPG members."

I have now been placed on a ground floor room next to an elevator shaft that will inevitably be running all night when those SPG members arrive. This is by far the worst experience ever and unfortunately, I allowed myself to experience it twice.

After waiting for 20 minutes to check in, being yelled over, I was given a room on the ground floor next to the elevator shaft. I sat in the room for a few a minutes and decided I could not stay there as the noise was not going to be conducive to me being able to sleep.

When I returned to the front desk, the clerks were both with other guests. The clerk that helped me, shouted over the guests in front of her to ask me "what now?" I asked her to please finish helping the guests in front of her and I would wait my turn. She responded, "Okay, but if you need another room, I cant get you one." When I finally got to the desk, I asked to speak to the MOD. She said the manager had gone home. I once again requested someone in charge and she stated there was no one. I find that all very believable considering they had housekeeping still cleaning rooms at 8 pm and front desk clerks running afoul.

I decided I had had enough and asked that my reservation be cancelled and a refund applied to my credit card. I am not sure she did so, so if you could please confirm that I was not charged for staying there, I would certainly appreciate it. I sat in my car, searching for a hotel room near the airport as I had a 7 am flight to catch in the morning. I found a room at the Marriott for $144; almost double what I would have spent at the Four Points. However, I can assure you that was money well spent.

Room Tip: dont stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We regret to hear of the unfortunate circumstances you recently experienced at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and can assure you this was an isolated occurrence as our associates are trained to uphold a superior level of customer service that Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport prides itself on. We have confirmed that you were not charged for your stay and a refund was applied to your credit card. Please accept our most sincere apology for the experience you had and in the future, please reach out directly to our general manager, Brad Verkamp and he will handle your reservation from the start.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Housekeeping notified my brother that I left something in my room. I phoned the hotel to check on it. Amanda answered the phone. I had to tell her three times why I was calling. I was told a cost is involved with shipping my brace. Neither her, Jan, or the housekeeper knew the cost. I got flustered by their lack of knowledge. Jan asked how I paid for the room after I asked how would they get payment for shipping. I stated I was not authorizing any charges. She got angry, started yelling then hung up the phone in the middle of the conversation. I called back and asked why she hung up. She said because I wasn't listening to her. I said there was no profanity and she shouldn't havehung up. She hung up a second ttime. I called again to speak back to Amanda, holding ten minutes now. Finally pick up, just to hang up again. I would not recommend a stay if they're employed here. Horrible customer service. I will be contacting the corporate office in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Lisa H,

I was glad we were able to recover and notify that you left your foot brace in your guest room from this past weekend stay. I want to apologize for not being able to communicate to you the shipping cost to send back your brace on Sunday evening, but since it was on Sunday we were not able to have Fed ex or the post office give us the exact amount. We only charge the cost that we incur in shipping back lost and found items as to not overcharge our guests. If you could have discussed the shipping costs with a member of my team on Monday we could have give you the exact amount.

Please feel fee to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss any concerns further, I will review the lost and found procedures again with my entire team.

Sincerely,.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Booked through a third party discount website, and was very pleased with the hotel. Excellent location as we were in town for an event at the Expo Center, very close and easy walk. Also very close to the airport, and only a couple of miles from shopping and several restaurants.

Rooms where clean and comfortable, maybe a little dated, but that is not an issue to me.

Free internet, free parking and a restaurant inside the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Iowafreak,

Thank you for your recent stay and great review. My staff and I appreciated reading the comments about our recently renovated hotel and friendly staff. I was glad that you were able to enjoy our free parking, free internet and enjoy our restaurant Boulevard Grill.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travel bring you to Kansas City or the Expo Center.

Cheers!

Four Points by Sheraton
Kansas City Airport
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is that it is nearby the airport. I had to stay one night in Kansas City and I checked in here. I was very disappointed by how the rooms look. They have old furniture and they are not clean. The staff doesn't know how to treat clients and satisfy the most elementary needs: I needed access to a computer because the battery of my iPhone was drained but none of the 2 PC's were working.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Alexis S,
I wanted to reach out to you and apologize regarding your difficulties with our free business center terminals in November of 2013. This is uncommon as we have great support system for these terminals, I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. Since your stay in November of 2013 we have undergone an extensive renovation that updated all of our guest room furniture and bedding. I do hope you can come back and experience the new Four Points by Sheraton. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your stay in further detail.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

It is just average from the neutral reception staff to the decor in the room. The size of the room is ok and they have comfortable bed but I'm glad the noise there for most of the day when I was awake and not at night.

The lobby had coffee available all day and two computers in opposition corners.

One of the thugs that stood up for me was the height of the bed as well as the peephole.

Small bathrooms with a wide and high towel rack that I had to be careful walking into the bathroom.

It's ok one night if you ever have to go be close to the airport.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear CeciblelB,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Four Points by Sheraton. As you had mentioned we are under a renovation that will be concluded very soon. One of the last items to be replaced is the towel rack you had mentioned, we are having new vanities installed that will now house our towels. I do hope you will come back soon and experience the newly renovated Four Points by Sheraton. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to review your stay in further details.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Hotel has been renovated on several floors and they are in like new condition. It's a full service property which has an outstanding restaurant/sports bar, Boulevard Grill, operated by the brewer, which is warm, relaxing and inviting with great staff and good affordable food. We've stayed at several properties at KCI over the years for stay and park, and this is the best one, in my opinion, for that purpose.

Room Tip: You should be a Starwood Preferred Guest member (SPG) as the rooms are new and there are some other...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Rich M,

Thank you for the five star review and such great comments. It is great to hear that guests have such positive experiences with us. We value our service and hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our airport parking package. Hope to see you soon when you travels bring you thru Kansas City Airport.

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport