“This location needs some work...and bad”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

On a recent trip we expirenced several flight delays & needed a place to crash for the night. I had secured a room at this location online as I always enjoy the Four Points properties. I was really surprised when we arrived to find out how run down this Four Points was. Even from the road the windows/curtains almost would make you believe this hotel was closed or condemned. The front lobby had a very interesting smell to it, that I'm not exactly sure what it was---it was not a pleasant smell either. The elevator reaked of some sort of paint/glue. The room was totally worn down, the carpet looked disgusting, the walls dirty, the curtains dirty. The bathroom was probably the worst part of this expirence. The hot water wasn't functioning, and the plug for the bathtub kept dropping down. When I went to pull the plug up so the tub wouldn't fill while I was showering a large swarm of fruit fly esq bugs came running up out of the drain. I will make one really positive comment, the bed that I slept in was incredibly comfortable and the sheets seemed very clean. This hotel has a lot of potential however some serious remodeling will need to take place in order for that to happen....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

It is conveniently located near the airport and the shuttle takes you from and to.

The rooms are small, the lounge chair was full of stains. I either had to put a towel or sit on the bed. It was quite embarrassing the stains.

The bed was comfortable and they already put the blanket on the bed.

The staff was ok. Not super friendly nor rude. Just doing their job as it is.

They place coffee and tea in the morning for their customer - thank you!

The room is small and the towel rack in the bathroom was in a very inconvenient location which allowed me to hit it every time I went in.

I don't know. Maybe one night if I'm stuck at the airport. Not for leisure at all.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Not sure when they started to change over this hotel from whatever it used to be but I was expecting a modern hotel. The good is the bar/restaurant. The bartender made up for my let downs. The price was good and I can't complain since it seemed like my sheets were cleaned. As for my let downs. I expect a certain level of accommodations from a Four Points. My coffee smelled like feet when I made it in my room (and I'm not exaggerating). The carpet seemed like it was installed in the mid 90's. The base trim had paint that either had flaked or painted onto the floor. Rips in the carpet were apparent in my room. Room door made an enormously loud sound when opening. I not trying to nit pick, but when an easy going professional like me picks up on these things, I can't imagine the amount of repeat business they are losing. I'd give them a 4 if it wasn't for the crocked elevator signs and mismatched room numbers. I give them a thumbs up for effort, but will go with a hotel next time that follows through with updates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear AaronMinnesota,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Four Points. I do apologize that the hotel building did not meet your expectations, I was happy to hear you did experience good bar service. We are renovating all of our guest rooms and will be completed early next year. I do hope you can give us another opportunity if your travels bring you thru Kansas City.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

For the amount of money I spent I expected at least an apple! The room was old, outdated, the tv was old had satallite and with the bad weather, no reception. The bed was not comfortable and wobbled when I tossed and turned. I did not sleep well at all. The sheets were stiff and no blanket just the old comforter. The hotel is in desperate need of repair and updating, for the same price I could have stayed in a much nicer hotel. The people were very nice and friendly, I did not eat there so no way to say if the food was good. I was considered a loyality member so I got a free drink...thanks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
FourpointsKCI, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Kimberly71,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Four Points. Thank you for commenting positive about the staff. I wanted to inform you we are in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms which will be completed early next year, which includes new bedding package and televisions. I do hope you give another opportunity in the future. We do offer many room packages that do include breakfast.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We usually stay at the Marriott by the KC Airport when flying out of KC but their rates were $159 for one night with parking. Found the Four Points Sheraton for only $76 with parking for the week! Clean room-we were upgraded because we are SPG loyalty members. Didn't eat there so I can't tell you about the restaurant. We were delighted with the service, the van to and from the airport and the price! We are going to make the Four Points Sheraton our go to Hotel at the KC Airport from now on.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor-close to the free coffee in the lobby in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear SPDV,

Thanks for choosing us for your recent stay and review. It was great to hear that we will be your new hotel for your travels thru Kansas City Airport. We take pride in providing excellent service to all of our guests and we are very excited as we are currently updating all of our guest rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked on priceline at the last minute. Got a great rate and the Jason at the front desk was super quick on getting me checked in. Room service was fast, tasty, and the prices were suprisingly reasonable compared to most hotels. In room internet was fast and reliable. The room was clean and the floor was very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FourpointsKCI, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Denise D,
Thanks for choosing us again here at the Four Points Kansas City Airport. Great to read your positive comments about your room, restaurant and internet, and I have shared with my entire team. Happy to see you recognized Jason he does provide excellent customer service at the front desk.

We can't wait to welcome you back again the next time you travel to Kansas City!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were doing a cruise and land tour to Alaska, and we were flying out of Kansas City. Our travel agent booked us this hotel for a park and fly. (You can book it as a park and fly yourself, but she was able to get it for us at a much cheaper price). The main reason we choose this hotel, is we were going to be gone 16 days, and they allow 14 days for their park and fly, with an additional $3 a day for extra days. The hotel was comfortable, clean, and the staff was extremely polite. The shuttle took us to the airport promptly, and promptly picked us up upon our return. I did notice a lot of airline personnel staying at this hotel, so they must have great rates and service for them as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay here again, and will use them again if ever flying out of Kansas City again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends