“A great conference site!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently served as conference coordinator for a continuing education course that was held at the Four Points by Sheraton, Kansas City Airport. I've attended many courses and am used to great service by the hospitality staff, but the customer service at Four Points was truly exemplary! Mahvash was our hospitality director, and from the moment I arrived (at 6:00 a.m.), she was there, making sure our room was set up, checking to see that our coffee order was correct, and ensuring that we had all that we need. Her attention to detail was simply marvelous. She was friendly, warm, and the epitome of the phrase, "How can I help you?" Throughout the day, she continued to check in with us, and helped us through minor problems such as the speaker's microphone malfunctioning and adjusting the temperature in the room. She even coordinated with the hotel's restaurant to ensure that the course attendees could all be served lunch and return to the course within the break time allotted. We all felt comfortable and truly welcomed by the hotel, and Mahvash was the main reason.

I also want to thank Jennifer, Chance, and Arthur at the front desk for helping me set up and take down the registration desk, and getting all the materials boxed up and ready for the FedEx pick-up. They made my job easier!

The conference room was extremely convenient for attendees to find, just past the front desk and across the lobby from the restaurant (and bathrooms just across the hall). The capacity of the room is approximately 50 people.

If you're looking for a conference site, I recommend you consider the Four Points by Sheraton at the Kansas City Airport. The service is outstanding, and you'll have a great setting for your meeting!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Paint and carpet do not make a place new! This hotel has been failing for years to provide a comfortable and clean place to stay. I am surprised Sheraton allows their name to be placed on it. The staff is so so, and the vans are falling apart that picked me up at that airport. Although convenient, it was not a restful or pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Get as far from ice machines as possible, lots of airline crews!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steven P
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly, the rooms to be very clean and fresh smelling. The bed was very comfortable and the feather pillows were just like we have at home.
The prepay price was a nice surprise. We paid $55.20 per night before taxes and fees.
A breakfast was not included, but the restaurant in the hotel was open for breakfast.

We will definitely book this hotel on our next visit to Kansas City.

Even though this hotel is close to the airport, I never heard a plane.

Room Tip: First floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Came into KC for a graduation, staying 3 nights. We got here a day early & Jason the front desk associate was VERY helpful about the day early check in.

Boulevard Grill was a joke. We went in at 9:15pm last night. Took a while to be seated, only maybe 12 people in the whole place. 3 being in the dining room, everyone else was in the bar. We placed our order & received our check at 9:20pm but didn't receive our meal until 10pm. Only ordered a salad & a fish sandwich. It's a good thing it's a hotel restaurant because they would never make it with service as slow as it was. Not to mention the staff sat right behind us & fussed the whole time about a rude party that was in earlier.

Make the effort to go somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

VERY VERY close to airport.
Arriving at the hotel early, I called ahead for airport transport to the airport to pick up my significant other, they said it would be 20 minutes, then I went to the lobby and they said there were too many people. But, I only had to pay a dollar at the airport for parking for 30 minutes, so I'm not too torn up about this :)
Rooms are nice--I'd expect a little nicer from Four Points, but not disappointing. Restaurant is good, but doesn't have a ton to offer to vegetarians, unless you want fries, fruit, or plain salads. That said, they may be willing to cater more if you request veggie food, but we didn't bother. Minifridge is only per request/payment.
Room service, restaurant, and front desk staff were wonderful, friendly, and prompt. Halls could use a bit of paint and repair, but let's be honest, a hotel isn't about the halls--you want a nice room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was disappointed in the cleanliness and smell of the room, but for the price I received through another travel site, I suppose I cannot complain. Bathroom floor was not mopped prior to my arrival as there were urine spots on the floor around the toilet. The room smelled as if it was previously a smoking-allowed room. The linens seemed worn, although they were originally good quality. The decor and furniture seemed mismatched, as it was a combination of new and old pieces. Felt like the current ownership upgraded/renovated certain aspects of the room to try to make you feel like it was more upscale than it really was. Bonus: super close to the airport and front desk staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: Inside, pool-view rooms would only be pleasant during summertime when the pool would actually be unc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SFT_11
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm starting to think that the Four Points brand has no standards. Some of the brand's hotels are fresh and new, but this one was wasn't any better than an old Ramada. Tired, smelly paisley carpet adorns the hallways. The rooms have old, outdated, scratched furniture, an old tube TV, and a very noisy air conditioning unit that can't be turned off. This hotel is out near the airport and there is nothing near this hotel except other hotels. There is a restaurant in the building that serves a small menu of mediocre burgers and salads.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business